Who has confidence in getting Far Cry 3 delivered on time by Amazon?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-44 of 44 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 30 Nov 2012 16:21:10 GMT
Heisenberg says:
thegamecollection.com always deliver at least a day early everytime I've used them. I only used Amazon this time because they didn't have insane edition

Posted on 30 Nov 2012 16:21:27 GMT
Last edited by the author on 30 Nov 2012 16:22:32 GMT
You are now connected to Danny from Amazon.co.uk.

Me:I paid for the release day guaranteed delivery for this item. Its 4pm and no sign of my game.
Im beginning to think its not going to come today. Was it sent out with royal mail or a courier company?
Thanks

Danny:Hello, my name is Danny. Id be happy to help you. First of all, can you please confirm the order number for me please.
Me:Order # 576767465573877

Danny:I can see this was sent out via Royal Mail. Unfortunately, we do not have any tracking information for this order. In cases like this, we have to wait a certain amount of time until we can presume an item is lost or missing. For this item, we would ask that you kindly wait until the Saturday, 8 December to receive this item.
This is the absolute longest we would ask you to wait. In most cases, we find that when an order is delayed with Royal Mail, it arrives shortly after the delivery date.
In the event that your order hasn't arrived by * december get back on to us, and we will immediately replace the order for you, or issue you with a full refund, if you prefer.
I do understand that you paid for next dat delivery
So what I will do is refund your delivery charges

Me:Ok well that will have to do. I guess if i want a game on release day i shouldnt order through amazon.
so what youre saying is its pointless paying for next day delivery because you use a useless company like royal mail. Its not just the money... its the inconvenience... i really wanted to play it today

Danny:Well we do try to get all our deliverys out on time. However there seems to have been a human error that cause your delivery, and although we cant account for this, I do apologise for the inconvenience

Me:this isnt directed at you personally... but if amazon advertise a release day delivery guarantee then why use royal mail and not a proper courier. When will i recieve my delivery refund please?

Danny:Ill request it now, and refunds usually take 2-3 business days on our end to process

Me:not much else i can do now except wait. Thankyou

Danny:Your welcome. In sorry again for the inconvenience. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Me:no thanks

Danny:ok. We hope to see you again soon! Please click the "End Chat" link to close this window.

Me: not bloody likely!!!

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Nov 2012 16:25:07 GMT
Heisenberg says:
Told me 7th

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Nov 2012 17:47:18 GMT
Last edited by the author on 2 Dec 2012 10:17:41 GMT
P. Maurice says:
Gutted. Didn't get it having even ordering it from somewhere other than Amazon. And it had to happen to the game I was most looking forward to for the year :(
At least this thread is giving me non-delivery therapy to build confidence back. No more watching Far cry 3 uploads on you tube as it's too agonizing.
---------------------------------------
Edit; It came eventually today with just a word to comfort those still waiting that the game makes up for any delay thanks to (at times) a bombardment of overlapping battles that tests your wits in single player alone while the game gives more than what sometimes games want to take from you. ShopTo tend to prioritize their commitment to customers with useful optional specialized couriers at a reasonable cost for preorders.

Posted on 30 Nov 2012 21:41:13 GMT
I got it :) sorry for the people that didn't. Going to pull a all nighter on it.

Posted on 30 Nov 2012 23:48:16 GMT
Andrew Dixon says:
I never seem to have any problems ordering from Amazon, but then again as I live a 20 minute drive from the Postal Sorting Office in Gloucestershire, that may be why.

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Nov 2012 23:56:09 GMT
Heisenberg says:
Most people live near a sorting office, mine's 2 minutes away

Posted on 1 Dec 2012 09:28:11 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 1 Dec 2012 12:21:24 GMT]

Posted on 1 Dec 2012 09:51:23 GMT
Last edited by the author on 1 Dec 2012 11:37:06 GMT
E Kelly says:
I didn't get mine on release day either even after paying for One Day Delivery, hopefully it arrives today.

EDIT: Didn't arrive today either, I'm going to get a refund for the postage from Amazon. I specifically got One Day Delivery so it'd get here in time

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Dec 2012 10:11:15 GMT
R. Chow says:
Me either... Amazon prime is silly... Shouldn't promise what they cant deliver. I hope mine arrives today too.

It would have been quicker to buy it in store.

I am not sure what time royal mail delivers on Saturdays though. If they deliver at all.

Posted on 1 Dec 2012 10:54:51 GMT
I'm never going to preorder games from here.Still waiting for my copy.If don't get it today probably monday.

Posted on 4 Dec 2012 16:02:41 GMT
Mercury says:
Its the 4th now and I still dont have my Far Cry 3, I ordered in October.
Next day delivery, dispatch on wednesday 28th I still havent got my game.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Dec 2012 18:28:19 GMT
bob says:
Still waiting for mine too, pre-ordered early August time. Haha.

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Dec 2012 02:01:02 GMT
Uncle DJ says:
It's harsh that you're waiting over 4 days for a pre-order. I got mine from Blockbuster after reading the comments on here about people not getting their Halo 4 pre-orders on time.

Posted on 6 Dec 2012 20:35:33 GMT
Mercury says:
Its now the 6th and I still dont have my game. very disappointed as this now exceeds amazons delivery time limit of 2-5 business days.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Dec 2012 20:56:58 GMT
Uncle DJ says:
What's going on with Amazon? Halo 4, Far Cry 3. Any other big releases that aren't getting delivered on time?

Posted on 7 Dec 2012 00:01:46 GMT
Murphy says:
Mine was supposedly dispatched last Thursday the 30th and its now Friday the 6th and still nothing!

Posted on 10 Dec 2012 23:04:45 GMT
Last edited by the author on 10 Dec 2012 23:05:38 GMT
i have to say recentley ive had a lot of trouble preordering games and not getting them on the release day i never used to have this problem with amazon its gotten so bad ive given up preordering games of here and preorder at my local game store instead as far as im concerned if you dont get the game you preorder on release day its pointless preordering

Posted on 13 Dec 2012 12:16:21 GMT
C. Edwards says:
This is the second game i Preorded that did not come on the day of release it was dispatched on wednesday ment to come the next day which was the day before it was released finaly got it on the sunday of all days did not know the post worked on sundays
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  26
Total posts:  44
Initial post:  27 Nov 2012
Latest post:  13 Dec 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Far Cry 3 - The Lost Expeditions Edition (Xbox 360)
Far Cry 3 - The Lost Expeditions Edition (Xbox 360) by Ubisoft (Xbox 360)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (125)