Customer Discussions > Heavy Rain (PS3) forum

Any chance of this being released on PC eventually?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 25 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 8 Jan 2010 19:34:04 GMT
God I want to play this game, but I currently own a PC and 360. Anyone know if this will eventually come out on PC?.

I remember when Fahrenheit was originally released it was said to be a PS2 exclusive but 6-12 months later it came to PC and (eventually) even came out on the 360 online store, so I can only hope.

Either that or plump for a PS3 sometime around March.

Posted on 9 Jan 2010 11:44:29 GMT
L. M. Cull says:
Not sure mate, given that this game was written expressly to take advantage of the PS3's hardware, I doubt it. Not saying PC's couldn't cope but only that programming for them and the PS3 are worlds apart. Not to mention the perception that PC gaming is a distant cousin to consoles as demonstrated in a lot of ports where we get the PS2 versions. Never say never though, although I would rank it as highly unlikely.

Posted on 9 Jan 2010 12:14:41 GMT
Yep thats exactly what I was thinking/fearing. The proof of how poor some PC ports are is in FIFA 10, which on the 360 is a great simulation of the sport, but on PC it's (as you say) a pretty poor PS2 recreation.

In regards to Heavy Rain, I'll probably give it 6-12 months and if theres no word on a PC port, I'll shell out for a PS3 (that'll give me a chance to play Uncharted 2 as well).

But I won't give up hope for a while yet, as the game was originally a PC demo which the developer's then decided to switch to the console, so fingers crossed it'll sell well enough for them to make the effort to port it over. So all PS3 owners reading this: do your PC owning cousins a favour and buy this game on release.

Posted on 9 Jan 2010 16:27:13 GMT
Lars Holm says:
Not likely, since Sony is the publisher worldwide. Generally, this means that even if Quantic Dream hypothetically wanted to release it on another platform, it's very unlikely that the deal they have with Sony would allow it.

Posted on 9 Jan 2010 17:12:41 GMT
Well surely thats true of any game?. I understand that single format games are maybe a little less likely to be ported over, but the fact that Fahrenheit was eventually released on PC when it was originally a PS2 exclusive means that it can't be completely disregarded.

Posted on 12 Jan 2010 11:37:28 GMT
Neil Gilmore says:
Fahrenheit was never a PS2 exclusive, it was simultaneously released on the PS2, Xbox and PC and it was published by a third party publisher-Atari. Heavy Rain is being published be Sony so it's pretty much impossible that it will go to another platform. And David Cage, the game's director has said that he approached Sony to publish the game which makes it even more unlikely that they would want to go multiplatform.

Posted on 16 Jan 2010 15:25:09 GMT
S. Vasicek says:
As has already been said, this is not only a PS3 exclusive but it's actually published by Sony. The chances of Heavy Rain appearing on any other format is extremely minimal boardering on zero.

Posted on 17 Jan 2010 05:54:05 GMT
This is Sony exclusive only.

Posted on 18 Jan 2010 01:41:13 GMT
J. Taylor says:
Even if it does come out for the pc, you'll probably need a blu-ray drive.

Posted on 7 Feb 2010 18:54:23 GMT
It won't be coming out on PC for several reasons.

1/ PC are not really capable of playing it.
2/ PC is rampant piracy
3/ it would give 360 owners missing out on all those fantastic PS3 titles and avenue..

Just get a PS3, there is a tonne of exclusive games that will blow your mind.

Posted on 11 Feb 2010 18:43:37 GMT
Last edited by the author on 11 Feb 2010 18:44:50 GMT
Of course a PC is capable. Unless you mean the PS3 blu-ray of course ;-)

Posted on 12 Feb 2010 19:45:56 GMT
Never say never, just look at all those X-BOX fan boys with egg on their face now after saying The GTA IV episodes would NEVER come to PS3, allegedly Microsoft owned the rights to them because of the 50 mill they forked out, obviously not so. If there's no word on a PC release within the next six months then get a PS3, surely you can wait that long?????????

Posted on 13 Feb 2010 23:40:01 GMT
L. Smith says:
No. I think Heavy Rain is PS3 exclusive. Its about time we had some decent exclusive titles.

Posted on 14 Feb 2010 13:05:04 GMT
ZRH says:
No chance. When Sony get a proper exclusive they keep it; unlike Microsoft, who shell out the big bucks and months later find their timed "exclusive" being exported to another console. Think about it- GTA DLC, Fallout 3 DLC, I wouldn't even be surprised if Mass Effect came to PS3. The PC would only ever get a former exclusive from Microsoft rather than Sony.

Posted on 14 Feb 2010 23:44:17 GMT
Individuo says:
Since Sony themselves are publishing it I'm going to take a bold move and say that it won't be ported over on PC or the 360.

Posted on 23 Feb 2010 20:40:40 GMT
Yeah we'll see, as G.Richardson said, I'm going to give it 6 months and see if theres any rumours of a release. To be honest I'm suprised that so many people are dismissing it at hand, as we've seen in the past a console exclusive does not always stay that way for long and I'm sure if there is any amount of money involved Sony would'nt dismiss it so readily. By the way I'm not claiming it will have any chance of being released on the 360 (even I think that would be a stretch) but the PC is not in direct competition with the PS3 so why not?.

And to the person claiming the PC would'nt run it: what planet are you on? have you seen Crysis? and the fact that the PS3 is blu-ray also makes no odds as that is the point of a port, that it is ported to the PC to be used by the most PC owners possible. i.e to make more profit from the simple (yet rarely rewarding) task of a port.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Feb 2010 01:02:43 GMT
H. Le says:
Unlikely to be released on PC, or at least any time soon. After all, I think Sony PS3 exclusives are meant to compete with MS' Xbox360 directly, and MS' Windows indirectly.

Posted on 24 Feb 2010 16:24:49 GMT
Could be true, but I can't see why they'd see Windows as anything resembling competition, unless Sony are planning on releasing an operating system in the near future.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Feb 2010 16:56:47 GMT
what you forget though is that GTA isnt inhouse, so porting to other machines was always a high possibility. Heavy Rain, on the other hand, is a flagship title for the PS3, one that utilises many of the PS3s features not found on PCs or the 360. Youve got about as much chance of this coming out on any other platform as the complete Halo franchise appearing on Sonys console.

So no, Heavy Rain wont be coming out on PC or 360.

Posted on 27 Feb 2010 11:07:55 GMT
[Deleted by Amazon on 25 Mar 2010 12:04:30 GMT]

Posted on 27 Feb 2010 12:17:05 GMT
To be honest, I'm past the point of caring, but (different era I know) I remember Final Fantasy VII being a Playstation exclusive (having secured the rights at a major cost) but that was eventually ported over to the PC. My point really is that I beleive to dismiss the idea of a port out-of-hand is shortsighted and bordering on fan-boy-ism.

The only fact I know is that if there is a major profit to be made then Sony would be foolish not to consider it and how many PS3 owners are really gonna care wheather the game is released on PC in 6-months to a years time.

Anyway I've seen mixed reviews of the game, but being a fan of Fahrenheit's virtual crime story I really hope the game succeeds in areas' where the previous game failed. To me the game looks very interesting even if a friend once described it as looking like an old Mega-CD (remember that?) cast-off, but don't worry, he also thinks that the new Wolfenstein is a great FPS and that the 2nd Transformers movie is a work of art. I will be taking his opinion with a handful of salt and continue praying to the gaming God's (YOU HEAR ME UP THERE MARIO!!!?) that this game is eventually ported over to my beloved PC.

But as I stated earlier: I really am past the point of caring, and Supreme Commander 2 is released next week. WAHOOOOOOOO!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Feb 2010 18:34:14 GMT
I think it most probably will. They say its a PS3 exclusive to raise sales for the system, eventually when the game cools off and the sales, it will be introduced to new platforms, Id think it will be a wait though.

Posted on 2 Apr 2010 16:45:23 BDT
Id say unlikely, the ps3 has 8 processrs, which all do different stuff, so the coding for the game will be completely different to pc, so unless a rubbish port or ps3 emulator come out, id say get a ps3

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Apr 2010 01:13:09 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 17 Apr 2010 01:13:51 BDT]

Posted on 27 May 2010 01:16:51 BDT
Nikos Gekas says:
I would suggest that you buy a PS3. It is a good investment now with the slim and the lower price. You get the blu ray and a lot of interesting exclusives like Heavy Rain and Little Big Planet, Flower, The Last Guardian (when it comes out), Demons Souls etc. 2 years ago I was torn between buying a PS3 and a Xbox360 as I was getting tired of upgrading my pc! I got the PS3 and I believe it was worth it for those exclusives as the best of the Xbox usually comes out for the pc also.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Heavy Rain (PS3) forum
Participants:  20
Total posts:  25
Initial post:  8 Jan 2010
Latest post:  27 May 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Heavy Rain (PS3)
Heavy Rain (PS3) by Sony (PlayStation 3)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (280)