Customer Discussions > Dredd (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray) forum

cant select PLAY!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 16 Jan 2013 17:44:14 GMT
Put the disc in. autoplays up to the menu stage, but i cannot select anything from the menu - not even play - so i cant watch the film (menu looks good though). cant select a chapter, or skip, wont let me do anything. Firmware up to date, but am sending back for refund. has anyone else had this problem? its a 2d player, but there is supposed to be a 2d version on the disc. cheers!

Posted on 16 Jan 2013 22:31:05 GMT
Yes, the dusk had 2d and 3d on the one disk. I assume you're using the arrows / cursors to move around the menu and the ok button to select the choices? You can't press play.

Sorry if that is what you are doing, I'm just trying to help. Have you tried it in a friend's player?

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Jan 2013 08:49:01 GMT
hi, appreciate your input. yes, trying the arrow keys and OK but they just wont do anything. in addition, cant press play, or chapter search etc. Other discs work fine. Havnt tried it in another player. Just find it really odd. thought it might even be the batteries on the remote, but its not.

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Jan 2013 12:11:09 GMT
ISSean says:
You may need to update your player's firmware.

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Jan 2013 17:32:08 GMT
yes, but unfortunatley its an ONN player, and there are no updates for it. Currently complaining to ASDA about that! Guess im gonna just have to buy a new player!

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Jan 2013 18:55:54 GMT
ISSean says:
Yeah - down side of blu-ray is the constant need for updates. Suggest worth getting a pioneer, sony, panasonic etc. Some update from CD via a download and others over ethernet/internet connection. I have mine ethernet to router like most people I guess - much easier than cd.

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Jan 2013 03:21:31 GMT
HRH says:
My internet connection is quite a distance from the BD player which is inside a cabinet, so I find it just as easy to download an update on my PC (have only had to once in the 2 years of owning a BD player) and then burn the file to a CD. Shove it in the player and the job's done.

Posted on 7 Jan 2014 16:58:54 GMT
I bought this with several 3d discs for my husbands Christmas along with a BRAND NEW SONY all singing all dancing player and guess what, it won't play AT ALL. All the other films are fine, apart of course from the 3d version of The Hobbit but that's another issue! So be careful if you think you need a new piece of equipment, it could just be that the disc is a load of ...
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  16 Jan 2013
Latest post:  7 Jan 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Dredd (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray)
Dredd (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray) by Karl Urban (Blu-ray - 2013)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (1,028)