Shop now Shop now Shop now Wedding Guest Edit Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Shop now Shop now Learn more
Customer Discussions > WALL-E [Blu-ray] forum

Why can't Amazon say which region Blu Rays are for?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 12 Dec 2008 17:10:54 GMT
Rosi says:
Can anyone tell me which region this is for? Is it compatible for region A?
On the majority of the Blu rays they actually bother to label they say "dvd region 2"
Can't amazon sort it out =(

regards

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Dec 2008 12:05:00 GMT
Last edited by the author on 15 Dec 2008 12:05:31 GMT
K. Abidin says:
yes a bit confused. that's why i'm afraid to purchase from amazon uk. somebody from amazon need to do something about region label. pls state whether is it region B, region A or region free .... bla bla

In reply to an earlier post on 31 Dec 2008 15:15:01 GMT
kaempi says:
I just recieved the movie. Its for region B, languages are: DTS 5.1 in English, Dutch and Belgian.

In reply to an earlier post on 31 Dec 2008 15:15:40 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 31 Dec 2008 15:16:06 GMT]

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Jan 2009 07:53:23 GMT
Last edited by the author on 3 Jan 2009 15:20:03 GMT
It's a simple equation that applies to DVD also: if the retailer doesn't stipulate that it is from another country/region, then it is from wherever the retailer is based.

The confusion over the new region coding has nothing to do with Amazon.co.uk. They are supplied with BD's from the producers and they can safely assume they will play on region B. Whether the title is region-free or not is actually up to the studio (not Sony!) so blame the bigwigs. Sony asked if they wanted region encoding, some said yes, some said no, hence the split.

There are loads of sites to tell us which titles are region free so whether or not Amazon could post the information too or not remaines to be seen (legal issues?).

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Jan 2009 18:13:19 GMT
P. T. Howles says:
The best option is to buy a region free Blu-ray player. I've had one for about a month and it plays everything. I'm not at home at the moment, and I can't remember the name of the company I bought it from. If you want to know, leave a message at paulhowles@hotmail.com.

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Jan 2009 18:53:45 GMT
R. Trainer says:
Check out, http://www.blurayregioncodes.com

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Jan 2009 23:59:14 GMT
M. D. Jones says:
I think you'll find most blu-ray players are multi-region, so it doesn't matter. I buy loads of US blu-ray titles. That's the beauty of blu-ray!

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Jan 2009 21:51:25 GMT
No they aren't. The disks are - not the players. Multi-region blu-ray players (blu-ray multiregion, not DVD) are still pretty rare and expensive because they require hardware tweaks.
HD-DVD was multiregion wholesale.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  WALL-E [Blu-ray] forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  12 Dec 2008
Latest post:  21 Jan 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions