Toshiba RDXV60 3-in-1 DVD, HDD and VHS Recorder (discontinued by manufacturer)
Used & New from: 189.99
can I record dvd to dvd
asked by Jack C. on 4 Jan 2014
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 11 answers
A
Not directly, but you can copy DVD to hard drive and then copy from hard drive to DVD, so a bit fiddly, but quite possible.
Spanish Pensionistas answered on 4 Jan 2014
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Don't think you can do it directly, but you could copy from DVD to Video as long as the DVD is not protected and then copy back from the Video to a new disk. There does not seem to be a way to copy directly from the DVD to the HDD of a DVD that is protected.
bryn answered on 4 Jan 2014
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes if not copyright copy from dvd to hd then back to blank dvd. Copyright on dvds may however stop this happening but not on all. Walt Disneys is a no no
Rodney answered on 4 Jan 2014

A
Yes but only by recording from the first DVD to the HDD and then from that to the second DVD
Chris Rogers answered on 4 Jan 2014

A
Only by recording DVD to HDD and then back to DVD so yes it's possible
yanto answered on 4 Jan 2014

A
Just asked my partner, since he's the expert, & unfortunately not.
Ms. G. Slaughter answered on 4 Jan 2014

A
I don't know how to use this piece of equipment at all - it's hubby's domain! However, he says "No", but reading other comments it would seem that one can do so indirectly.
Malinda answered on 5 Jan 2014

A
Haven't tried it. There may be copyright protection on DVD you want to copy which may prevent it. But would think copying to hard drive first, then to DVD would be the only logical way to do it.
Dianne B answered on 5 Jan 2014

A
Hi Jack, The unit has only one slot for playing or recording a DVD, so if a DVD has NO copy-write protection, you have to record the DVD onto the HARD DISC DRIVE and then copy that onto a blank DVD. With the recording on the hard drive, you can edit it, before copying the edited recording onto the blank.
Regards,
David W
ROBERT DAVID WATKINS answered on 5 Jan 2014

A
Only indirectly via the hard drive - i.e. copy original disk to hard drive then copy from hard drive to blank disk. Alternatively use in conjunction with a seperate DVD recorder for a one step operation. Hope this helps.
JIM OF LEWISHAM answered on 7 Jan 2014
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›