Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 20 Jun 2012 10:20:28 BDT
Hi sorry to be a nuisance but im new to this natpc m008s and just wondered if i coud have some advice. What are the best apps to download? whats the best card to use 16gb or 32gb? any other tiops etc please let me know.

Posted on 20 Jun 2012 12:24:43 BDT
DC says:
Shop around. You can find fast 32GB cards for about 20 (and falling). The "Class" rating shows the relative speed of a card. Class6 will be fine but Class10 better (I'd recommend Class10 ).

MX player is a good video player.
There are numerous music players available.
I use Audiobook Player2 but Mortplayer is also good.
Google Drive - Storage and document editing
Dropbox
EZ File Explorer
Pocket (allows you to tag web pages for reading later)
Tunein Radio (internet radio)
MyPlayer (TV) - The Pro version works and gives many more channels.
Kindle App - Loads of free books both old and modern available

Posted on 20 Jun 2012 21:34:59 BDT
DC - does it accept 32's? I've sent mine back to be replaced but when I used my 32 briefly it wouldnt load all the data. Granted its only class 4 but I'm not sure if I should get a 16 instead??x

Posted on 20 Jun 2012 22:21:44 BDT
Last edited by the author on 20 Jun 2012 22:22:22 BDT
DC says:
Have a 32GB class L0 lexar in mine. Works just fine (and it is fairly full at the moment).

Posted on 20 Jun 2012 22:31:22 BDT
Cool! I'll hold off until its back and maybe try formatting it and starting afresh.... :-) x

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Jun 2012 09:46:39 BDT
Thanks for the advice. Do i need a multi task killer? does sky go work on here? have you a a link

Posted on 21 Jun 2012 09:55:02 BDT
DC says:
Android ICS (and Gingerbread) has its own way managing tasks so not really. That said, there are times when a utility to see which apps are hogging CPU time and memory are helpful. I have Norton Utilities installed but there are probably others that do a better job.

Posted on 22 Jun 2012 09:59:04 BDT
Decent apps ..
Can you tell me if there are any decent apps worth downloading?
any football managment games etc?
Good tv channels ie
iplayer etc?

Posted on 22 Jun 2012 10:25:32 BDT
DC says:
As I said above: The MyPlayer app is pretty good. The free app does a few live channels but the paid for app has a lot more. Despite having the MARKET LICENCE CHECK permission, this one does work on the NATPC.
TVCatchup is also supposed to work but I haven't tried it personally. I think it is free.
There are paid options like Netflix which apparently work but again I have not tried.

As for football games, your best bet is to search the Play Store and see what is available, read reviews etc. You also need to look at compatibility (Play Store will advise) and check for the MARKET LICENCE CHECK because it is likely those with that permission will fail to work. Look under the Show All (permissions) dropdown.

You will probably find some free ones but watch for in app billing. This implies that to get anywhere the developer wants you to buy options from within the game.

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Jun 2012 13:25:36 BDT
R. Perrett says:
On this site somewhere or maybe it's another Android site they were discussing 'Task Killers' & the Administrator ended the discussion by saying you don't need it for Andoid 4.0.3.

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Jun 2012 14:49:37 BDT
DC says:
I agree, you don't. However, I like to know what is going on. I have had one app that was nice but hogged resources more than I liked. I spotted this in task management and as a result, uninstalled the app.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0xadaceeac)

This discussion

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
NATPC M009S RTB ULTIMATE 7" 16GB Capacitive Android tablet PC - Android 4.0 ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich)- now with DOUBLE storage (16GB) and DOUBLE system ram (1GB) for ULTIMATE PERFORMANCE - WiFi - Compatible with BBC iPlayer
NATPC M009S RTB ULTIMATE 7" 16GB Capacitive Android tablet PC - Android 4.0 ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich)- now with DOUBLE storage (16GB) and DOUBLE system ram (1GB) for ULTIMATE PERFORMANCE - WiFi - Compatible with BBC iPlayer by NATPC
3.9 out of 5 stars   (400)