"A must for any serious marketing professional. It shows you step-by-step how to establish a relationship with people who make your business work.”
— Cornelia Mangold, University of Applied Sciences Stuttgart
"This book is based on first-hand knowledge. Both authors bring great expertise to their subject. Personally, I like most the real world lessons where you can profit from other companies' experience.”
— Marion Schneider, Account Director, DDB Worldwide Communications Group
From the Back Cover
Successful online communities don’t just happen by themselves. They’re the result of a carefully executed strategy, solid design, and patient nurturing. Though they may seem like a lot of work, the benefits an online community can bring to your brand make the efforts worthwhile. This book will provide you with the essential tools to build online communities. You’ll learn how to:
• identify the business objectives for your online community
• develop a community strategy to recruit and retain members
• create brand loyalty, bring in new business, and offer value to customers that your competitors cannot imitate
• take advantage of free advertising opportunities
• use communities to gain market insights and establish a direct line to your customer base
In addition, you’ll discover the risks and costs of an online community project, how it can end up saving your company money, and even how it can become an important new revenue source of its own.
You’ll also be inspired by exclusive interviews, where the people who manage thriving online communities share the lessons they’ve learned and the secrets of their success.