Customer Discussions > Linger: 2 forum

books for 16 year old girl needed!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 3 Jul 2010 10:23:43 BDT
i really need a new book. i do like twilight but not that much, i prefer inkheart and the magicians guild etc. i love love love stories with fantasy and also bit of love haha!
can someone please suggest some for me? :)

Posted on 5 Jul 2010 19:33:18 BDT
C. Manning says:
How about Graceling by Kristin Cashore or Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder? Both have adult heroines but are great reads and are more fantasy than paranormal romance (though both have romance in them). If you like Inkheart, you'll probably like Phillip Pullman's Northern Lights. There's also the Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan, though it's a bit Harry Potter-ish.

Posted on 8 Jul 2010 00:32:43 BDT
alix says:
try Beautiful Creatures and The Painted Man (Demon Trilogy 1). I have a very similar taste in nooks and i loved both of these books. The painted man is now one of my fav. ever books !

Posted on 26 Jul 2010 10:53:11 BDT
Last edited by the author on 26 Jul 2010 10:54:06 BDT
B. Booth says:
I second Maria V. Snyder's Poison Study and the rest of the study series but would have to warn you off Kristen Cashore's Graceling - cannot begin to explain how boring it it. It's like a light bulb incapable of light. Erm...'Touch the Dark' by Karen Chance. Lots and lots of magic involved there. It also involves vampires (real ones not twilight pansies) but the main thing is magic - there are mages in there too. The heroine is brilliant, lots of action, some romance, not predictable, and some laugh out loud moments due to the witty author. It's urban fantasy at it's best written by one of the only urban fantasy authors I've come across who can actually write urban fantasy well. It's a series for adults though so I'd say if you're not yet 14/15 wait a bit. :)

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Jul 2010 22:03:18 BDT
Try House of Night series by PC Cast & Kirsten Cast - Twilight meets Harry Potter so far 9 books I couldn't put them down and I'm 41.

Divine Goddess series by PC Cast also good - Centaurs, Humans - love, Romance

These are a whole new genre of book for me and I have loved them - I found twilight excellent but I have liked this as much if not more on the Goddess series

Posted on 30 Jul 2010 14:01:54 BDT
vic says:
Hi why don't you try the hunger games and the mortal Instruments they are really good

Posted on 4 Aug 2010 13:54:02 BDT
J. Yaxley says:
Pretty much any of the novels by Neil Gaiman. I particularly recommend The Graveyard Book and Stardust as starters.

Posted on 4 Aug 2010 17:39:53 BDT
thanks everyone :)
what do you think the age range for The Graveyard Book is, Ms. J. M. Eady?

Posted on 7 Aug 2010 16:32:16 BDT
If you want something a bit different but that is still a fantasy book you could try Wings by Aprilynne Pike which is about a girl who finds out she is a fairy. If you like that then you can also read the sequel Spells. I would highly recommend these books as I have similar taste in books having read both the black magician trilogy by trudi canavan and the inkherat trilogy.
I also agree with some of the above, both the house of night series by p.c and kristin cast and the mortal instruments series by cassandra clare are very good fantasy books.
I would also recommend the age of five gods series by Trudi Canavan as I read them after reading the black magician trilogy and found them very good. Moreover Shiver and its sequel Linger (both by Maggie Stiefvater) are good.

Posted on 22 Aug 2010 01:07:59 BDT
The Mortal Instruments- Cassandra Clare
The Hunger Games- Suzanne Collins
Age of the Five- Trudi Canavan
Shiver and Linger- Maggie Stiefvater
Any book by Neil Gaimen is brilliant too!!

Posted on 6 Oct 2010 19:55:37 BDT
book worm says:
I only read books with romance otherwise they're just boring to me! lol :) My favourite book is Beautiful Creatures its so good its funny, supernatural (but not vampireish 'cause thats gotten old now) and filled with the best love story ever!

Posted on 6 Oct 2010 19:59:31 BDT
book worm says:
I only read books with romance otherwise they're just boring to me! lol :) My favourite book is Beautiful Creatures its so good its funny, supernatural (but not vampireish 'cause thats gotten old now) and filled with the best love story ever!

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Oct 2010 10:06:39 BDT
kristen cashor gracling is fab! no way can you say its boring?!?! it has everything! people with amazing special abilitys that people fear? pfft and also the romance between the silver and gold eyed guy?!?! PLUS the huuuge twists! boring is NOT the word i would discribe these books! AND i cant WAIT for bitteblue to come out ^-^

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Oct 2010 10:26:11 BDT
kristen cashor gracling is fab! no way can you say its boring?!?! it has everything! people with amazing special abilitys that people fear? pfft and also the romance between the silver and gold eyed guy?!?! PLUS the huuuge twists! boring is NOT the word i would discribe these books! AND i cant WAIT for bitteblue to come out ^-^
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Linger: 2 forum
Participants:  11
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  3 Jul 2010
Latest post:  12 Oct 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Linger (Shiver)
Linger (Shiver) by Maggie Stiefvater (Hardcover - 1 Aug 2010)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (113)