Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-24 of 24 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 12 Jul 2010 18:32:16 BDT
mel says:
hi so far ive read
twilight
vampire diaries
night world
beautiful dead
harry potter

does anyone have any recommendations on books that are similar to these preferably YA and sticking to the same theme (supernatural, romance) thanks

Posted on 18 Jul 2010 09:44:16 BDT
Kit says:
you gotta try Friend or Fae by H Blatchford - I LOVED this book. Its deep, engaging and sexy and the heroine Frankie is smart and seriously kick ass.

here is the link to amazon listing:
Friend or Fae

You can also find out more about the book at

http://www.authorhouse.co.uk/Bookstore/ItemDetail.aspx?bookid=71333

Posted on 9 Aug 2010 20:45:34 BDT
Becky says:
I've read Twilight and watched Vampire Diaries rather than reading it but loved both. I then read:
House of Night series by P.C and Kristin Cast starting with Marked
Host by Stephenie Meyer (took me awhile to get into but very good)
Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
Sookie Stackhouse Vampire Myst by Charlaine Harris starting with Dead Until Dark (I watched the TV series True Blood before reading them)
Hope this helps :)

Posted on 10 Aug 2010 17:15:02 BDT
mell61 says:
Have you tried the Casandra Clare series Mortal Instruments (City of bones, city of glass, city of ashes), also the PC & Kristin Cast series House of Night, although there are a couple of more adult themes in House of Night books than in Twilight series (a little more sexually aware).

Posted on 10 Aug 2010 22:49:24 BDT
Last edited by the author on 10 Aug 2010 22:50:19 BDT
The true blood books 1 to 10 but as silly as it sounds the audio books are better as the lady who reads them is great at accents and really tells the story well :)

Posted on 2 Sep 2010 14:47:18 BDT
alix says:
try these :D
Beautiful Creatures
Shiver
Hush, Hush
Fallen

Posted on 15 Dec 2010 04:05:35 GMT
Hi Mel,

You might like my new vampire romance, Breathless, which was just released on Kindle. You can check it out at:

Breathless

Enjoy!

Posted on 7 Feb 2011 13:22:00 GMT
Amy says:
I'm in my early twenties so I suppose I'm not too old lol but I also really enjoyed the Twilight books although I agree with some of the criticisms of them. I was actually recommended a similar book by a friend of my Uncle's recently which I bought from Amazon and thoroughly enjoyed, The Postmodern Malady (Paperback) It's quite unlike any of the other vampire and horror novels I've read (and I've read a few). Surprising and original take on the genre. It's short stories so maybe not everyone's cup of tea, but the main story it gets its title from should interest fans of Twilight I think.

Posted on 4 Mar 2011 11:40:04 GMT
Amanda says:
Hello,
I have to recommend A Chicaoland vampires Novel :-
Some girls bite, friday night bites and twice bitten by chloe neill they are brill.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Mar 2011 22:02:40 GMT
Nic says:
I would recomment the vampire accadamy series, morganville vampires series and my blood approves trilogy.

Posted on 26 Mar 2011 13:18:28 GMT
Deanna says:
These are all addictive:

Hush, Hush
My Blood Approves
HIDDEN (Marchwood Vampire Series)
Glass Houses: The Morganville Vampires Book 1

In reply to an earlier post on 14 May 2011 16:28:10 BDT
Suki says:
The last book in the gothic vampire, Ravens Deep trilogy by Jane Jordan is now published.

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Jun 2011 14:07:35 BDT
Mrs Tosh says:
couldn't agree with you more I am a hugh Sookie fan and have read the book but totally love the Audio book series, I have listened to it over and over again Johanna Parker has got the Louisiana accent down to a tree. Definately a must for all vampire/supernatural romance fans :)

Posted on 11 Jun 2011 06:53:41 BDT
TANDARA : THE THREE SISTERS (book one) is similar to 'Harry Potter' in that it strongly features magic, has great characters (especially Ja-Day), and a real sense of fun and adventure.

Story Synopsis for TANDARA : THE THREE SISTERS (book one):

In the fantasy world of Glyn a darkness is spreading across the land. An eleven year-old girl, Ja-Day, begins a journey to find the only one who can save her world, a human boy. Along the way Ja-Day encounters mystical dragons, vicious sea creatures, raging rivers and most dangerous of all - the big cities of earth.

Posted on 16 Aug 2011 20:53:44 BDT
Although these are written for adult, they are age appropriate for YA

http://tinyurl.com/3ze64vy

Sandy

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Sep 2011 05:01:03 BDT
Z. Agha says:
mortal instruments! althgh m not a fan ov Clary - i love Jace!
if u have recommendations fr sumthng similar [esp character wise] plz let me knw =)

Posted on 24 Dec 2011 08:55:18 GMT
raven_guest says:
Look up my book (search Lily Crussell as it seems to struggle with anything else) it's currently free and is a YA Paranormal romance. It's onyl free for 5 days though, so take advantage x

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Jun 2012 17:36:03 BDT
mimi says:
I've just finished Afterlife by Stephanie Hudson and couldn't put it down. Extremely well written, lots of twists and turns to the story and great characters especially the sexy Dominic Draven.
Afterlife (Afterlife Saga)

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Jul 2012 18:40:06 BDT
lovebooks124 says:
@mel If you like books along that line then you should try a book called Afterlife saga by Stephanie Hudson Afterlife (Afterlife Saga) but I warn you it will become quite addictive! I couldn't put it down and when finished picked it back up again to read again. The only other book I have done that with is twilight :) Hope this helps

Posted on 4 Jul 2012 18:46:24 BDT
lovebooks124 says:
Also the true blood series were fantastic True Blood Omnibus: Dead Until Dark, Living Dead in Dallas, Club Dead: Dead Until Dark / Living Dead in Dallas / Club Dead (Sookie Stackhouse Vampire Myst)

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Aug 2012 20:12:07 BDT
Suki says:
Try Ravens Deep Trilogy by Jane Jordan, read reviews on Amazon.

Posted on 18 Mar 2013 09:42:50 GMT
J Lawrence says:
A Darker blood is new on Kindle and combines vampires with the sunshine party scene.

Véradó -A Darker Blood (Véradó Series Book 1)

Posted on 24 Jan 2014 18:17:47 GMT
A L Gray says:
I have a book out inspired from twilight and the originals ;-) hope you enjoy x
The Original Prophecy #1 (Erica Werewood Trilogy)

Posted on 10 Feb 2014 11:26:02 GMT
A L Gray says:
Dark Layers (Volume 1)

Knowledge is Power

Synopsis

Law graduate Anile has recently finished university and is now ready to venture into the working world. She has suffered two discriminating and scrutinising interviews but still remains sanguine with her attitude and refuses to let anyone bring her down.
She reaches Dark Lawyers for her third interview and meets a man who is enigmatic, prepossessing and smart beyond any of her expectations.
She is checkmated in her interview and completely deflated but she should have seen this as a warning fore she couldn't predict what was yet to come for her.
The blandishment of this man's words invites Anile to expensive cryptic parties, spectacular dates and lures her into darkness. If she is not careful and doesn't listen to her subconscious, these very words will be carved into her headstone.
Love is the only thing we have that cannot be controlled, but, Anile will soon forget this as she will be plugged in and
programmed into her emotions
like the rest of the world.

Funny and smart beyond your expectations.
Read it for yourself.

Dark Layers (Volume 1): A L Gray
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  21
Total posts:  24
Initial post:  12 Jul 2010
Latest post:  10 Feb 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Twilight (Twilight Saga)
Twilight (Twilight Saga) by Stephenie Meyer (Audio CD - 16 Dec. 2008)
4.4 out of 5 stars (2,019)