Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 19 Sep 2011 04:37:39 BDT
W. Kwong says:
Please advise if this blu-ray is region-free?

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Sep 2011 16:02:56 BDT
JRJ says:
It is listed as "Region 2" ... so sounds like it will only work in the UK.

Posted on 19 Oct 2011 08:53:10 BDT
Y. Park says:
U.S. version (triple play: BD+DVD+digital copy) will be available as well.

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Oct 2011 16:12:15 BDT
JRJ says:
But the U.S. version is not going to be available on Nov 14, 2011 is it????

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Oct 2011 09:38:49 BDT
Y. Park says:
Seems like U.S version will be released a few weeks or even a couple months later. I'm sure that UK blu-ray would be region free (Amzon info is not very accurate and music titles are almost always region free.) while the dvd probably won't play in US players due to its being PAL.

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Oct 2011 15:28:45 BDT
JRJ says:
Ah, ok ... I had just read where it said "Region 2" and never thought about the blu-ray and the regular dvd being different. Amazon should make note of that specifically for those customer's like myself who really don't want to have to wait a couple more months but also, don't want to purchase something that you can't view.

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Oct 2011 05:00:28 BDT
Y. Park says:
I'll wait for US version because I really want the digital copy for my iPhone. I want to play it wherever I go. Please let me know how you like it when you get the UK version.

Posted on 31 Oct 2011 02:12:37 GMT
R. Hum says:
Seems like the Bluray disc will be region free, but the DVD will be region 2 - assuming this is the same one that is being sold on the Really Useful's site.

From the Really Useful site:

"This Blu Ray set provides a Double Play experience - both a Region 2 DVD and a BluRay disc which works universally.
We had hoped to bring a Triple Play pack to our fans, but unfortunately we have been informed that the manufacturer was unable to include the digital copy in time for the November release date."

In reply to an earlier post on 31 Oct 2011 14:55:25 GMT
JRJ says:
Wow, quite the price difference between Amazon and the Really Useful site.

In reply to an earlier post on 19 May 2013 05:48:08 BDT
Last edited by the author on 19 May 2013 05:56:28 BDT
Mary says:
To JRJ - Good point. I am in Region 1 (Canada), same as U.S. -I think Amazon.UK in the description of the Double version (DVD + Blu-Ray) says Blu-Ray is All Region, but doesnt' say that the DVD is not. I agree Amazon.uk should add a note in the description that the DVD is Region 2 (PAL) only and not All region like the Blu-ray DVD. Also, on the 2 DVD's version (Not the DVD/BluRay version), what is on the 2 DVD's?.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  19 Sep 2011
Latest post:  19 May 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Phantom of the Opera at the Royal Albert Hall - Double Play (Blu-ray + DVD) [Region Free]
The Phantom of the Opera at the Royal Albert Hall - Double Play (Blu-ray + DVD) [Region Free] by Ramin Karimloo (Blu-ray - 2011)
4.8 out of 5 stars   (433)