Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 6 Feb 2008 15:57:31 GMT
I have a blu-ray player (my ps3) and it is of superb quality. I would definitely fight blu-rays corner and I dont think hd dvds stand a chance.

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Feb 2010 19:21:34 GMT
A. Bond says:
You was dead right, but blu-ray has been very slow to take off, for the majority, DVD's are still the main format.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Apr 2010 07:19:08 BDT
I am a 'LATE adopter', not that techy, and a bit of a Scrooge but, now that I have my Tosh 32" LCD screen (tweaked as the BBC Life set-up spec on disc 1, I think) and matching Blu-Ray (which is not talking to the TV but I am working on it), I am starting to think that the extra expense of high-def is actually jsut about worth paying for. Fantastic camerawork on the various BBC Earth series. The Life and Planet Earth are excellent for about £25 for about 5 Blu-Rays each, and £10 for Galapagos seems good. After £10, I start to hesitate... but it really is worth the extra over a DVD. Having said that, Blue Planet DVD )not availableon Blu-Ray) still stands up well - a lot's to do with the actual clarity of photography and not just the HD process itself. HD makes bad photography / image quality look worse, as it doesn't disguise it, although you can cheat and blur thingswith your TV remote to make them look less annoying. So there you have it...
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  6 Feb 2008
Latest post:  6 Apr 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Galapagos [DVD]
Galapagos [DVD] (DVD - 2006)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (27)