Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn more Shop now Shop now

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 7 Dec 2008 18:29:14 GMT
Philip Brady says:
any clues as to if or when this will come out on blu ray and if or when they will include the first stargate movie, the one that made all of this possible

Posted on 9 Mar 2009 03:17:38 GMT
Last edited by the author on 29 Jul 2010 04:26:55 BDT
The original movie and the TV shows are very much two separate entities. I can say with almost absolute certainty that they will never be packaged together. The next box set should come out some time after the third SG1 movie that follows Ark of Truth & Continuum. Although be warned, it will be a lot more expensive if they follow a similar pricing strategy to what they have been doing. A small while ago, you could get all ten seasons for £85 here....then they did a set that also had Ark of Truth in it, so they put the price up significantly (£102). Then they released this one that also comes with Continuum.....and the price went up again. If you could still get the seasons 1-10 set for £85, it is just £13 for both Ark of Truth and Continuum....that's less that £100. This is currently £140. So god only knows what the next one will cost.

People keep putting off buying these sets because it won't be complete if they release new SG1 movies......which is crazy. You can always buy any future movies separately. Sometimes you just need to stop and enjoy the roses.

As for Blu-Ray......screw that. It will cost a small fortune. I'm perfectly happy with upscaled DVD, and so is my bank manager. :)

**EDIT**JULY 2010**
Unfortunately the third SG1 movie, along with the proposed Stargate Atlantis movie, has been indefinitely postponed. Most fans, including those claiming to know people involved in the productions, say this means they're more or less cancelled. The credit crunch being the reason. So this box set IS as complete as it is likely to ever be. At the moment it is crazily priced £75....which for ten seasons of sci-fi and two movies, not to mention commentaries on every episode in the later seasons, is as big a bargain as you will EVER find. Buy it now! I paid so much more for it I could cry!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  7 Dec 2008
Latest post:  9 Mar 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about