Customer Discussions > Call of Duty: Black Ops (PS3) forum

black ops, Ps3 users being conned

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-24 of 24 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 9 Dec 2010 18:49:46 GMT
A. Stafford says:
so we are all aware xbox pays activision for early release of the map packs.. well do you not find it strange how the xbox version of black ops has better graphics & frame rate & the fact on the xbox version two different usernames can go online on the same console. The xbox version also auto loads to the multiplayer menu & has better servers & is actually playable compared to ps3 version where 9 out of 10 games ends due to connection/server problems!!! I personally think theirs a conflict of interests going on their & i have contacted watchdog & trading standards as mw2 looks almost identical on xbox & ps3 so why the change for black ops after they got a cash payout from xbox???

Posted on 10 Dec 2010 14:31:55 GMT
Leonidas says:
I have both versions (unfortunately my friends decided to buy the PS3's one, so i followed them, but after a week i discarded it to get the Xbox's one), and i completely agree with you. The PS3's version in inferior in everything (native resolution, texture quality, framerate, sound effects, matchmaking, lag etc.) and if you own both consoles (like me) and you really want to buy COD BO (not a great game at all, it was a real let down for me...), stick with the Xbox's version, it's much better (but, again, not a great game in my opinion).

Posted on 10 Dec 2010 15:07:08 GMT
A Ball says:
Its all due to lazy developers, games like GT5 and Unchanted show what the PS3 is capable of but as usual Microsoft throws its money around and everyone goes mental over it

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Dec 2010 18:25:51 GMT
A. Stafford says:
thanks for taking the time to add to the post, i believe we should all complain & make them do something about this disastrous game

Posted on 11 Dec 2010 13:26:45 GMT
Marquee says:
I totally agree. I'm currently thinking about rebuying the first Modern Warfare for online gaming since I'm simply disappointed by the overall performance, slowdowns, lags, etc. Does anyone here still play it? Still enough players online?

Posted on 16 Dec 2010 15:36:51 GMT
Buckers says:
Developers are still doing this?
What the hell is wrong with them?
Its been almost 5 years

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Dec 2010 18:09:27 GMT
There are loads of people still on COD4 I think. I might go back to it because this game is a huge let down. Why is the Xbox so much better than the PS3?! PS3 is the later release, why didn't sony have a look at the Xbox and say 'Oh, that works really well! Lets include that.'

Posted on 16 Dec 2010 18:14:48 GMT
A. Stafford says:
@ breakast man. its not sony's fault its activision/treyarch who purposefully sold out

Posted on 16 Dec 2010 18:14:59 GMT
A. Stafford says:
@ breakast man. its not sony's fault its activision/treyarch who purposefully sold out & made the xbox version better because xbox pay them.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Dec 2010 18:21:23 GMT
Yes, however, SONY could have found the high points of Xbox e.g. multiple accounts being able to be played on the same Xbox at the same time and used them

Posted on 16 Dec 2010 19:04:35 GMT
A. Stafford says:
@ breakast man, again thats down to activision/treyarch & not sony (its been done before on the ps3, but activision/treyarch chose only to add it to xbox version)

Posted on 17 Dec 2010 19:43:14 GMT
Sdownie says:
I traded in the PS3 version for the xbox version, as a few of my mate were saying it was better. Very slightly better on Xbox but only just. I don't see it as a conspiracy I just think they've made huge errors. Even the latest made no difference. Don't trade like me, it's a problem with the game, not the console. I'm going to trade back so when they finally get a patch out that works I have it on the PS3

Come on treyarch get it fixed!!

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Dec 2010 23:45:33 GMT
Slowdive1967 says:
I've gone back to the 1st COD Modern Warfare, and its a relief. IMO its the best online multiplayer shooter with the best maps and the most fun. The game is nearly 4 years old now and its still the best. There are still a fair few people online so its easy to get a game.

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Dec 2010 16:01:17 GMT
nick mizen says:
you should get bad company 2. it's top notch and not nearly as glitchy/hacker infested as COD.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Dec 2010 01:00:30 GMT
A. Stafford says:
@ nick mizen. to be honest im really thinking about getting bad company 2, ive gave up on COD now after the disaster that was is black ops

Posted on 3 Jan 2011 13:34:17 GMT
marshy says:
I'd think twice about Bad Company 2. It's not a bad game but its twice as bad online as COD BO. Loses the server more than any game ever has. Not sure if anyone else experiences this but, as a result, for me its unplayable. I don't seem to be experiencing the server issues with COD so far.

Posted on 4 Jan 2011 20:55:25 GMT
Unlike IW it looks as of Treyarch are working to fix the problems with their game. They've already brought out a number of patches. For me most of the issues are a lot better unless I'm host in which case it is a nightmare. Get BFBC2 if you want (Really good game) but it has its own problems and is a very different type of game than COD so don't expect a direct transition.

Posted on 17 Jan 2011 13:44:13 GMT
K. MCLEAN says:
Black Ops = Horrendous
BFBC2 = Excellent although a different type of game.

Only my opinion, but for me BFBC2 is far superior to either Black Ops or MW2. Treyarch have wrecked yet another game.

Posted on 17 Jan 2011 22:42:02 GMT
Thing is if you all go out and buy Microsoft products in the long run all your doing is adding to the problem. Sony have no chance against the zillions of Microsoft $$$. Does everyone really want a one console market in years to come?

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Jan 2011 23:33:20 GMT
A. Stafford says:
so i stopped playing TDM etc because of all the failed host migrations

Posted on 3 Mar 2011 11:39:05 GMT
I am still playing Black Ops once a day just because of my online friends. Unfortunatelly this online game has a constant LAG PROBLEM. Well... not always but almost every time. It´s so
obvious that most of the times the kill cam show you a newer version for your death than the one that you thought you had.
Waiting for a better game and obviously none of my online friends (like myself) will ever buy
the map pack or any other thing that has to do has Black OPS.

Still... it could be a great online game... if the connections were at the same speed for all the players in the match.
Mal_Dor PT

Posted on 19 Mar 2011 01:26:36 GMT
DannyC says:
Glad its not just me who thought the KillCam view is often very different from how you experienced dying - the game overall is a complete farce on the PS3. Unplayable online. I have never hated a game experience more.

Posted on 12 Apr 2011 18:33:43 BDT
Adrian says:
battlefield >>>> any COD game

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Apr 2011 02:05:45 BDT
Last edited by the author on 16 Apr 2011 02:08:10 BDT
yip.. have to agree. played all cods online for the last 5 years.. bought black ops...(1 week later) sold black ops.. bought battlefieldbc2 instead and haven't looked back, its an astounding online game. - Here Lies C.O.D. -RIP -
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  17
Total posts:  24
Initial post:  9 Dec 2010
Latest post:  16 Apr 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Call of Duty: Black Ops (PS3)
Call of Duty: Black Ops (PS3) by Activision (PlayStation 3)
3.5 out of 5 stars   (866)