on 8 September 2014
Had many earphones in the past in the 100,s .. Last ones were klipsch images at over £100.00 ( lost them ) and also have on ear AKG 450,s but wanted another in ear set .. Can't really audition in ears but don't bother these will be all you need .. Stunning ... give them a while to bed in .. Treble is clear and the bass is tight not too overbearing and midrange is as good as I have heard maybe not as comfortable as some but the musicality will make you forget you've got them in anyway ... Have even used them with my naim uniti and they are fantastic .... Can't go wrong for £ 70.00 ... ENJOY
on 23 November 2014
I have been using these IE headphones for about 2 weeks and I must say I am very impressed. They fit nice and snug inside the ear and are very effective at noise cancellation, to the extent that my friends have had to yank them out to get my attention!!!

Sound-wise, they require a certain amount of breaking in, but once you get it right, they're amazing. They are perfect for listening to the likes of Fleetwood Mac, and Meatloaf just sounds amazing. To get the best from them, you are going to have to tweak the position inside the ear, but they are amazing if worn correctly.

My god, they are loud, but the best thing is, you can listen to them at full volume and still get amazing clarity, which is something I love to see in audio equipment.

So why the four stars instead of five? Bass. Whilst the trebles and mids in these are excellent, I felt they were lacking a bit in basier music, such as Pendulum. Not a major fault, as they are not the worst for bass, but just something to consider if you're into that sort of music...

All in all though, an excellent set of headphones for the price, and I would recommend these strongly to a friend.
on 11 June 2015
Very pleased with these - as headphones. Trouble is, I wanted a superior alternative to the standard Apple set that wouldn't keep falling out of my ears during conference calls when I'm working at home. They don't fall out, but they fit so snugly, and seal out so much ambient noise, that my voice resonates inside my head like the voice of Deep Thought saying "You're really not going to like it." I really can't wear them and speak at the same time, which makes the inline microphone redundant.

So I keep these in my work bag, and when I'm in the office, trying to concentrate and needing to shut out the foghorn voice of my desk-neighbour, in they go. And for that, they work a treat. Their sound is exactly what I want - balanced, detailed, dynamic, without any attention-seeking boost to one part of the frequency spectrum. Orchestral basses sound deep and woody, with a realistic growl; rock drums are properly percussive, without being over-resonant. Generally, a very impressive sonic performance, but I should have saved a few quid and bought the listen-only DMX version.
on 13 October 2014
Some times good things happen, I must have spend a fortune on different earphones and in last 3to 4 years never had satisfaction so finally decided to go for these, I am extremely proud owner of these buds, not only reasonably priced but the the engineering behind is remarkable, the full spectrum of the frequency range is so well sorted, highs are exactly as it should be low range is very controlled but the mids are miricle as mid does expand to both ends and that is where vocals are perfectly dealt with, I had dre denon some high end sony and bose but nothing comes close to these buds the only thing to remember is that you need a decent player iPhone and itouch cannot do justice to these buds, now after having used them for few months, now I cannot thinkof using any other buds , allmy pricy old buds are sitting in a box probably never to be taken out, lf you have the budget please do not hesitate, you will never regret
on 16 April 2016
Superb sound quality, I'd bought a pair of Sennheiser CX200s before which I thought were great, but did not anticipate to find so much previously unheard depth in music. These headphones are perfect if you want to spend a bit more money on headphones, to get a lot more out of your music. It's clear all money you are investing is going straight into product quality, Beyerdynamic being a fairly unknown brand, you're not paying a premium for a label; as you would with more well known brands. Anyone dipping their toes into the sea of audiophilia, I think these are your answer.
on 28 June 2014
I bought this after a lot of research, and I'm not disappointed. Just make sure you have a good source and device (my Samsung Galaxy S3 does not seem to output much bass), but hooking this up in my laptop or ipad, comes alive! Good but not exaggerated bass, mids and highs. Recommended!
on 14 October 2014
Sound fantastic, excellent performance. Mostly used for music & calls on a Samsung S4 Mini and MB Air and it's compatible with both. Lightweight and the right-angled plug is perfect for anyone who's interested in protecting the cable.

However, within less than 4 months the microphone/button has broken. This despite only moderate usage and careful transport using the supplied pouch. Waiting to hear back from Amazon/Beyerdynamic about a repair but if one is not forthcoming - I'd definitely advise purchasing the additional warranty!
on 20 November 2014
This is the first time I've paid decent money for a pair of earphones. They are much better than cheap ones. For the first time on my phone I can actually appreciate the bass and get a true sense of the music (think of these as like watching Lord of the Rings in the cinema as opposed to on your laptop).

Like I say the sound quality is good and I'm enjoying hearing music properly at work. That said I kind of feel that I need to be sitting still to really use them. Going for a walk this time of year, the wires are just getting caught in scarves or jackets and I'm constantly having to readjust them in my ear.

If you're going to be sitting still and prefer the more compact earphone style then they're ideal but I think I would go for a pair of the big, over-ear, noise-cancelling headphones if I were to do it again. Great sound quality for the price but it actually leaves you wanting that extra bit more
on 26 July 2014
Would like to see a volume control on them otherwise excellent sound quality and comfortable to wear
on 10 December 2015
mic broke after three months. these things are very poor built. shame because they have great sound