Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 3 May 2012 17:20:45 BDT
Petermartin says:
A couple of daft questions! I have the upgraded model of this.
1. What socket does the battery charger go in. I assume the bigger one at the top?
2. Set up an email account for myself. Everytime I go into email my account is there. How do I log out so my wife can set up an account?
Got into Amazon via the browser but cant log out. I click the X on top left but makes no difference.
Any help appreciated
Peter

Posted on 3 May 2012 19:01:06 BDT
Bald Paul says:
Battery charger goes in the one that provides a tight fit. There are only 2 round holes and it will be the smaller one as the other one is for headphones.

You need to tell us which email app you are using. You also need to tell us which browser you are using. I simply return to the home screen by pressing the home button when I stop using the browser and it will just sit behind the scenes doing nothing and dont tend to worry about specifically closing apps down. If you are using ICS it will automatically cleardown apps from RAM if it starts to run out of it.

Posted on 3 May 2012 20:04:58 BDT
Petermartin says:
Thank you. Just tp be on the safe side re. the charger do you mean the lower butto?
Can you clarify what is the home button?

Posted on 3 May 2012 20:31:58 BDT
Bald Paul says:
I was reluctant to commit to saying the lower button as it all depends which way up you hold the device and I have the earlier model so was worried the new one may be different. On mine i would say the lower hole if that helps. If you put it in the larger one it will just fall out or be very loose. Earphones also wont fit in the smaller one and will only fit the larger one so that leaves the smaller one for charging.

There are 2 "home" buttons. On the black bar at the bottom of the screen towards the left side are 3 symbols. From left to right these are "back", "home" and "recent apps". Pressing the home button no matter what you are doing takes you to your home screen. On the side of your tablet, probably the right side, there are 3 buttons in the black area that surrounds the screen. From top to bottom these are "back", "home" and "menu". The home button there has the same effect. Back acts like a back button on a browser. I'll leave you to try the others to see what they do.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 May 2012 21:08:25 BDT
Petermartin says:
Appreciate your prompt reply. Tablet needs charging now so I will try that again tomorrow. I dont find the manual much help. I am not really IT literate but I am ok on my desktop but these tablets are something different.
For the short time I used it I was really impressed with the quality of the display and setting up the wi-fi was easy. Guess I got something right!!
Thanks again

Posted on 3 May 2012 21:29:10 BDT
Bald Paul says:
Just take your time and read the threads on here as you will learn everything you need to from them. One of the threads had a link to a manual that is very good for a relative beginner but as you say, you have set up wifi already so no reason why you cant kick on from there. It really is just a matter of getting used to it.

Posted on 3 May 2012 21:35:50 BDT
Bald Paul says:
Heres a link to the thread with the manual. Thanks to Barry Thomas for sharing it

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Downloadable-Instruction-Manual-Android-ICS/forum/Fx1DBIDSXCYCEJH/Tx1YGPBL47HSPL6/1/ref=cm_cd_fp_ef_tft_tp?_encoding=UTF8&asin=B006M07X34

In reply to an earlier post on 4 May 2012 08:36:40 BDT
DOS1 says:
Cant find the download ..

Posted on 4 May 2012 09:09:21 BDT
Bald Paul says:
Follow my link and in the first post of the thread is a link to a Word document that you need to copy and paste into a browser and it will download it. Amazon don't allow direct links to other websites which is why you have have to copy and paste it manually.

Posted on 21 May 2012 15:04:02 BDT
Redgrif says:
Been searching for a manual for a while now. will be checking amazon's discussions first in future.

Thanks to Paul Prescott for the link, exactly what I was looking for & has cleared up my minor problems.
Thanks a lot :)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
M009S 8GB NATPC M009S 8GB Capacitive Android 4.2 (JELLY BEAN) , 7" ,Dual Core (2 x 1.5 GHz) Super Slim Android Tablet PC with Responsive Capacitive Screen - Flash Player 11.1 - Compatible with BBC iPlayer / Youtube / Facebook - HD 2160P - now with 8GB Storage and SKYPE VIDEO calling
M009S 8GB NATPC M009S 8GB Capacitive Android 4.2 (JELLY BEAN) , 7" ,Dual Core (2 x 1.5 GHz) Super Slim Android Tablet PC with Responsive Capacitive Screen - Flash Player 11.1 - Compatible with BBC iPlayer / Youtube / Facebook - HD 2160P - now with 8GB Storage and SKYPE VIDEO calling by NATPC
4.1 out of 5 stars   (520)