Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Black Friday Deals Refreshed in Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Paperwhite Listen in Prime Shop Now Shop now

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 5 Nov 2009 08:33:06 GMT
G6JPG says:
The VCC-003MUVI: I have seen mention of 2 hour running time on the battery. Is that recording time, or does it run for longer in sound-activated mode - if so how long (if it's just waiting for a sound trigger, and is only going to record a minute or two of video, how long will it wait)? I presume in sound-triggered mode it stops when the sound stops - or is it only sound-triggered to start, and then runs continuously? Is the sound threshold adjustable? Is the recording it is making at the point the battery runs out lost?

Posted on 28 May 2010 13:33:59 BDT
Walrus says:
The camera runs for 2 hours on the battery, not 3 as it says on Amazon (it says 2 hours in the instructions). I put a 4Gb memory card in it - I didn't see much point in putting in a bigger one as you cant swap the bettery when its dead - you have to recharge it. A 4Gb card lasts for about 2 hours. When the battery dies it stops and you dont lose the last thing that was recorded. AFAIK the sound volume threshold isn't adjustable; that said, I've not used the voice activated recording.

Posted on 6 Jun 2010 08:29:39 BDT
Mark says:
I have found that mine consistently lasts for about 1hr 40 minutes on a full charge.

Posted on 24 Jun 2010 16:41:18 BDT
Cee Jay says:
I've had mine for 2 months, and it's malfunctioning. It won't hold a charge (light stays red for over 17 hours charging) and it will only record for 20-30 mins, and my PC has stopped recognising it too so I can't download the footage. I can't return it, as over amazon's 30 day policy. Not happy.

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Dec 2010 09:25:39 GMT
Last edited by the author on 27 Dec 2010 09:26:44 GMT
Old Frank says:
Ju, you have a defective item, so it is covered by guarantee and statutory rights. Contact Amazon, as retailer, or the manufacturer.

Posted on 20 Oct 2011 15:02:34 BDT
smiley says:
I have had my dv for nearly 1 year, worked without any problems until the last 2 weeks. I have had it on charge for over 2 hours, shows fully charged, but the dv turns off after 2-3 minutes of filming. Anybody know if its a case of just changing the rechargeable battery? I have tried charging on 3 occassions for over 2 hours, but it is still the same. I have also tried resetting as per the instruction book

Posted on 3 Jan 2012 22:03:08 GMT
Last edited by the author on 4 Jan 2012 01:32:59 GMT
To smiley

The battery is at the end of its life, I'm afraid. As time proceeds, these batteries deteriorate and are only able to hold progressively less data until they die.

By the way, batteries can be had for these if you surf around, but you will need a soldering kit to instal one. Soldering kits are comparatively inexpensive and can be used for various other soldering jobs besides the camera.

I have the clone MD80 model which provides quite impressive footage in favourable lighting conditions and is not a bad webcam either for the dirt-cheap price. Its sound facility is reasonably clear as well.

I am purchasing a battery and a soldering kit ahead for mine as I know I am going to need them within 12 months or so.

The battery on this link might suit the Veho Muvi model you own, but check the spec on your existing battery first.

Creative Zen Muvo MP4 Spare Replacement 450mAh Battery

Posted on 3 Dec 2012 09:31:18 GMT
Mr. C. J. says:
It says in the manual that you can record whilst connected to USB but not so! I wanted to use an external battery pack to extend the range for long walks with suitable SD card. But in cold weather it records for 75 minutes and when you connect an external power supply to the usb it will not record!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  5 Nov 2009
Latest post:  3 Dec 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions