Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 6 Aug 2012 14:21:54 BDT
momo 8 tablet, what type and specification where can i get a new one

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Aug 2012 09:20:01 BDT
Did you manage to source one? - I also need a new charger - the input plug for mine was accidently melted on the stove!!!! - don't ask how I manged to do this!
I don't mind charging via the usb -but from a mains adapter for this - rather than PC.
The reason is that I partly want to use the ployer to interface to the TV especially for the I Player ( rather than using the laptop) and to prevent re-charging all the time would plug it in when doing this,

all the best

Nick

Posted on 18 Aug 2012 08:20:32 BDT
Solved - tired my phone charger with micro usb and seems to be working - will also be able to charge in the car!

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Aug 2012 23:10:00 BDT
Hi
I contacted the suppliers in China who were very helpful and received an email and jpeg showing the details of the required charger, the contact was at www. dracotek.com
The charger details were as follows.
:-imput100 - 240VAC 50/60Hz 0.32A Max
output - 5v 15000mA
polarity 0minus---(.----0plus
I purchased a uniross multi voltage adaptor from Radio Shack in Lancaster. cost about £23 . 00.
Not the cheapest but the guy said you need up to 2250 mA so the unit doesn't struggle.
Actually after all that the information I required turned out to be on the back of the tablet,embossed in very small writing. but it doesn,t tell you the polarity.
Hope this helps.
Bob Armitage

Posted on 20 Aug 2012 12:26:09 BDT
TonyC says:
@ Mr.Nicholas C.Davis

What sort of phone? I have an iPhone and just wondering would that do?

Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Aug 2012 19:01:01 BDT
Mergic says:
No, the iPhone has an Apple only connector. You need a MicroUSB charger which are widely available. As I understand it, all MicroUSB adaptors should do but some provide more current than others, so may charge quicker or slower. I was supplied with a 3-pin charger by my UK based supplying and find it seems to charge much better than if I use the MicroUSB lead.

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Aug 2012 19:24:58 BDT
TonyC says:
The iPhone has a plug with a USB connector on it, (ie, you can remove the cable) so I was thinking that perhaps I could use the micro USB cable supplied with the Momo, micro end in Momo and standard end in the iPhone plug?

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Aug 2012 18:08:06 BDT
Mergic says:
Oh right, now I understand. Yes that works, I've used the my wife's iPhone plug in that way. Still seems to be slower than the power cable but works fine.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Ployer Momo8 Bird Tablet PC - 8 Inch Android 4.0.3 (Ice Cream Sandwich) - 1024 * 768 Capacitive 5 Point Touch Screen, 1.6GHz Processor, 8GB storage, 1GB DDR3 Memory, Ultra Thin, 9.7mm design - 3D Output - Flash 11.1 - New Google Play installed - All iPlayers and Flash Content Compatible - 1.3MP Camera
Ployer Momo8 Bird Tablet PC - 8 Inch Android 4.0.3 (Ice Cream Sandwich) - 1024 * 768 Capacitive 5 Point Touch Screen, 1.6GHz Processor, 8GB storage, 1GB DDR3 Memory, Ultra Thin, 9.7mm design - 3D Output - Flash 11.1 - New Google Play installed - All iPlayers and Flash Content Compatible - 1.3MP Camera by Ployer
3.7 out of 5 stars   (147)