Customer Discussions > Let the Right One in [Blu-ray] forum

Can anyone verify if the corrected audio version is now out?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 13 Dec 2009 06:55:42 GMT
J. Miller says:
I am in the US and don't know if anyone in the UK is aware that the initial release of this film came out with a defective audio track. It was supposed to have DTS-MA, but the track ended up being lossy. Alliance said they would correct the problem and there would be an exchange program, but never stated if this program would be available outside of the UK. I contacted the company, because I didn't want to order it and not be able to get the corrected disc, and Alliance told me that they'd e-mail when the new version was out. So I received an e-mail that the new version should be in stock at Amazon, but I do remain cautious that there's no new UPC or serial number for the new disc and no notice on this page from Amazon. Does anyone living in the UK know anything about this and would anyone be willing to let me know if they too have heard the corrected version is the one that I would get if I ordered it. I've been waiting for this for a long, long time because the Region 1 release changed the subs and that company promised to, but has not released a corrected blu-ray of the movie. This is the only version that would work for me. Thanks in advance for any help.

Posted on 15 Dec 2009 14:14:24 GMT
C. Gould says:
The region free US Magnolia release (Blu-rays are not region 1 BTW, that's DVDs) is now available with the theatrical subtitles, so that will probably be an easier purchase for you unless you desire the audio commentary. The corrected UK disc is now available, but the UPC hasn't changed and there's no visual indication of differences between the two versions on the outside of the packaging (unlike the Magnolia release, which says English (Theatrical) for the subtitles). I *think* that people have been getting the corrected UK version from Amazon.co.uk, but it's still pot luck at this stage. My copy was replaced by Momentum, and I know they've been replacing copies for people in the US as well. Apparently there is still one small glitch affecting a tiny portion of the video in one shot, but the major glitch is gone and the DTS-HD Master Audio is there.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  13 Dec 2009
Latest post:  15 Dec 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
So finster die Nacht [Import allemand]
So finster die Nacht [Import allemand] (DVD)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (302)