Customer Discussions > Borderlands 2 (Xbox 360) forum

Has anyone received their games yet?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 35 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 21 Sep 2012 14:51:16 BDT
Dorpz says:
I preordered this a week back and paid for the most expensive shipping and It's 3 'o' clock and the post has been and no game yet.

I wish I took the bus in to town to get it.

Anyone got their games yet?

Posted on 21 Sep 2012 14:57:08 BDT
Last edited by the author on 21 Sep 2012 14:59:33 BDT
V. Gwatkin says:
Post just came and no game. Why the hell did I pay for first class release day delivery? Have I in fact payed Amazon more money to deliver something to me on the same day it would come with a cheaper delivery method?

Posted on 21 Sep 2012 14:57:18 BDT
No, my copy hasn't arrived and the post arrived half an hour ago. Might arrive tomorrow, gotten used to orders being a day late from Amazon, especially if it's intended to arrive on the date mentioned.

Posted on 21 Sep 2012 14:57:33 BDT
Nope =[ payed a little bit more for it to arrive today, but postie has come and been. Guessing it might turn up tomorrow feel let down tbh.

Posted on 21 Sep 2012 14:58:39 BDT
Dorpz says:
I guess we're all unlucky.

This is the last time I'm buying the "guaranteed" delivery.

Posted on 21 Sep 2012 15:01:51 BDT
I should have just bought it from Tescos, but oh well, no matter. My other orders arrived at least so I have a lot of movies to watch through as well as two rented movies. I hope XCOM: Enemy Unknown won't be late when that's released in three weeks time, that game I am looking forward to playing.

Posted on 21 Sep 2012 15:03:34 BDT
Alistair says:
Mine has not come yet either. I got an email yesterday saying it had been dispatched and still nothing. I am going to go buy the game from another location and send this back for a refund.

Posted on 21 Sep 2012 15:25:21 BDT
R. Watson says:
Same problem, first class, guarantee, pre order.

Not here, what's the point in buying it on Amazon at extra cost to get it a day late.

Posted on 21 Sep 2012 15:34:35 BDT
I doubt they'll refund anyone for it being late, it isn't the first time this has happened. A lot of orders that come directly from Amazon have been arriving a day late since last December, bear in mind that it likely isn't Amazon themselves to blame, but the Royal Mail.

Posted on 21 Sep 2012 15:40:12 BDT
V. Gwatkin says:
Is the Royal Mail post the only way they can be delivered? I mean that sometimes we have the Royal Mail people delivering packages after the post. Anybody?

Posted on 21 Sep 2012 15:42:27 BDT
The Royal Mail is their usual form of delivery for anything smaller than a large parcel, the only way they deliver a game by courier is if there has been a strike by Royal Mail workers. All we can do is just be patient and wait a day, or more until it's delivered.

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Sep 2012 15:44:11 BDT
V. Gwatkin says:
Thanks

Posted on 21 Sep 2012 15:45:58 BDT
Amazon stated guaranteed release day delivery for 4.99...it hasn't come. I'm fuming. I'm going to go out to Asda and buy it like I should have done this morning. Keep the code for the dlc and send it back to amazon.
Not happy. Usually Amazon are awesome but I'm not happy today

Posted on 21 Sep 2012 15:48:52 BDT
Dorpz says:
I just contacted support, they were as helpful as a hole in the head.

Told me to wait until the 27th. They can stick that.

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Sep 2012 16:00:06 BDT
Alistair says:
I am going to do the same thing.

Posted on 21 Sep 2012 16:06:38 BDT
R. Watson says:
Can anyone tell me if they've ever returned a game to amazon before, after opening it?

I'm thinking either I'll buy the game today and return that copy when I receive the code etc or vice versa.

Posted on 21 Sep 2012 16:08:42 BDT
Rory Hanby says:
if you payed for better delivery you should be able to get the money back. I did because mine didn't come today

Posted on 21 Sep 2012 16:15:30 BDT
Pay money for game to come on release, and they say no:-/

Posted on 21 Sep 2012 16:21:57 BDT
Last edited by the author on 21 Sep 2012 16:24:30 BDT
LuiD says:
Mine hasn't come today and i'm irritated, I too went for first class delivery just to make sure and even then I don't get what was "Guaranteed". Really irritating as I could've just went to a store instead :( Also could someone please send me a link in regard to getting a delivery refund?

Posted on 21 Sep 2012 16:30:39 BDT
Last edited by the author on 21 Sep 2012 16:31:07 BDT
songoku584 says:
ordered my ultimate loot edtion from game bak in june just been delivered by pf the now so am happy

Posted on 21 Sep 2012 16:37:38 BDT
Ms Read says:
Having the same problem. Paid the extra for guaranteed delivery on day of release and it hasn't arrived. Customer support were hopeless and wouldn't even agree to refund the extra I paid on the postage. Not at all happy and will not be using Amazon again for pre-ordered games! Extremely shabby service Amazon .. expect to lose a fair few customers.

Posted on 21 Sep 2012 16:43:26 BDT
P. A. Gould says:
preordered.... post came .... no game :(, pretty sure it will come tomorrow, never preordering from amazon again

Posted on 21 Sep 2012 17:31:24 BDT
Last edited by the author on 21 Sep 2012 17:32:14 BDT
Shaun Duffy says:
BORDERLANDS NOT RECEIVED DAY OF RELEASE
Amazon have stated game should arrive before 12PM Monday 24th September, even though a prime customer and guaranteed next day delivery. I see that if you had ordered the game today 21st, you wouldn't receive it until the 24th. Amazon have issued a £5 "good will gesture". They blame thier courier, DPD. They should not "guarantee" next day delivery if they cannot deliver on there promises.

Posted on 21 Sep 2012 17:35:31 BDT
J. C. Neale says:
I'm on Amazon Prime, so had free next day delivery, but nothing has come through the post today.
Royal Mail seem to suck at fulfilling Amazon orders, especially pre-orders. Every time I see my item has been dispatched via Royal Mail I will always expect it to be late, unless it is large parcel.

I pre-ordered months ago, back in June I think. It's hard not to blame Amazon, but ultimately they did their part by sending it out next day delivery yesterday for me - So it's Royal Mail who need a boot up the arse.

Posted on 21 Sep 2012 17:36:04 BDT
I have Amazon Prime although for Pre-orders it's meant to be a given that you get it on the release day with out Prime. I spoke to Amazon about mine not arriving and was given a month's extra Prime added. TBH I think this is a Royal Mail mess up, their service is probably at it's worst it's ever been. The odd thing is, I ordered Lego Harry potter for a gift the day before and it was sent via DPD ( courier ) and was there the next day as normal. I wonder why Amazon choose to use Royal Mail for Pre-orders and a courier for pretty much everything else.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  23
Total posts:  35
Initial post:  21 Sep 2012
Latest post:  21 Sep 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Borderlands 2 (Xbox 360)
Borderlands 2 (Xbox 360) by Take 2 Interactive (Xbox 360)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (267)