Was anybody else disappointed by Langdon this time ?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 30 Nov 2009 10:02:11 GMT
Dr Phibes says:
I felt Robert Langdon had been dumbed down too much in Lost Symbol. Ive just read it and felt he wasnt the Langdon Id loved so much in the previous books, he seems clueless and dependant on others to find answers.

Posted on 12 Apr 2010 11:02:19 BDT
[Deleted by Amazon on 10 Nov 2011 11:58:43 GMT]

Posted on 21 May 2010 12:16:30 BDT
I agree. Robert Langdon was very dim in The Lost Symbol. Not what I was hoping for at all.

Posted on 7 Oct 2010 03:49:24 BDT
I was only disappointed and didn't finish the book because it took a Long time to get to the point. I like the chase and pace, but not when I can't see where it's going. Which I could in his other books.

The Writings of Paul Frees

Posted on 1 Nov 2010 23:54:59 GMT
SuePat says:
l have really enjoyed all of Dan Brown's books but was soo disappointed with The Lost Symbol. It had some quirky little twists and turns but it went on and on with information dumping to fill out the book. I'd have been happy if it had finished when the roof caved in and what was the last sixty pages about??

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Nov 2010 21:02:15 GMT
Last edited by the author on 20 Nov 2010 21:05:27 GMT
NeuroSplicer says:
One of the worse books I ever had to endure!

Since ANGELS & DEMONS, Dan Brown has turning more and more pedantic and with his last book he went well into propaganda territory. Which is ironic when one considers what little respect he holds for actual research.

There is just no way to write a good novel when the writer is more interested in getting his political messages across rather than focusing on the story.

Posted on 23 Nov 2010 12:41:26 GMT
A. kerr says:
I thought The Lost Symbol was a great book. His best work yet. I really enjoyed the insight into the world of The Freemasons.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Oct 2013 22:06:11 BDT
C. WALKER says:
I totally agree with you!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  30 Nov 2009
Latest post:  10 Oct 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Lost Symbol
The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown (Paperback - 22 July 2010)
3.4 out of 5 stars   (1,389)