Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 26 Apr 2011 17:17:57 BDT
M. PARFITT says:
how easy is this oven to clean?

Posted on 23 Jul 2011 14:31:04 BDT
Just wipe out excess fat ,put water in with a squirt of washing up liquid and set to clean function and leave to wash itself! Easy peasy..............

Posted on 27 Sep 2011 16:44:23 BDT
WJS says:
What are the dimensions of the 12 litre oven

Posted on 10 Oct 2011 11:26:09 BDT
M. Snowden says:
I bought a halogen oven from QVC a couple of years ago, - it was the bee's knees for about 7 months, but then the element/ heating bulb blew. I contacted QVC, and to their credit, they gave me a full refund after I returned it (at their expense)
At that stage I decided, that was me and halogen ovens finished. - Who want to pay good money for something that doesn't even work as long as 1 year ?
This Andrew James blokes actually supplies a spare heating element, so your oven won't become a bit of broken junk, just to get thrown away after a year. - It will be working, and you will be using it, on an ongoing basis, and even if and when you need a replacement for your replacement, - even they are available to buy for under a tenner.
So great news, I'll be buying an Andrew James halogen oven(they really are brilliant) and there no prospect of it becoming a piece of obsolete broken junk !

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Jan 2012 14:26:48 GMT
dotty doo says:
no problem at all, let it get cool wipe out excess fat put some warm water and washing liquid in the bowl with the reat of the items you have used leave for awhile then wash as you would any dish.

Posted on 30 Jan 2012 08:55:55 GMT
New to DSLR? says:
So easy to clean. Just a spot of washing up liquid on a cloth does it.

Posted on 1 Aug 2012 10:30:16 BDT
E. Harper says:
am about to purchase an Andrew James 12 Ltr Halogen Oven can anyone tell me if this is cheaper to run than an electric oven please

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Feb 2013 09:22:00 GMT
Henrietta says:
It's described as "self-cleaning" but if it needs a good clean the bowl can be washed normally or it can be put in the dishwasher.

The rest of the structure should be wiped with a cloth wrung out in hot soapy water when the machine has cooled down a bit. Don't use spray cleaners as the spray can get on the halogen bulb and cause it to die. Incidentally, don't touch the halogen bulb with your fingers for the same reason.

Generally speaking, "everyday" maintenance is very simple and quick.

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Feb 2013 09:25:00 GMT
Henrietta says:
Of course it is. You are heating a smaller cavity and the halogen bulb heats up instantly rather than the 15 minutes required for gas and electric ovens, so it starts cooking as soon as the food is put in and the oven switched on.

Posted on 19 Feb 2013 17:42:49 GMT
julie says:
please could any one tell me how to defost noinformation onthis thank you

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Aug 2013 23:42:47 BDT
C. Marsh says:
It is said that this oven is exactly same as your conventional kitchen oven, so if you can cook from frozen use time stated, if you are supposed to defrost normally first then do that.

Info for anyone else out there, I read a review where a lady uses roasting bags which helps cooking and prevents splashes onto the bulb, I'm about to purchase ones based on reviews i've read this evening, as opposed to buying a new cooker for the time being, as i need a new fridge freezer and out of the two i can't get a compact version of a fridge freezer lol
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Andrew James 12 LTR Premium Halogen Oven Cooker + Easily Replaceable Spare Bulb + 2 YEAR WARRANTY + 128 page Recipe Book - Complete with Extender Ring (Up to 17 Litres) Lid Holder, Baking Tray, Steamer Tray, Skewers, Low and High Racks
Andrew James 12 LTR Premium Halogen Oven Cooker + Easily Replaceable Spare Bulb + 2 YEAR WARRANTY + 128 page Recipe Book - Complete with Extender Ring (Up to 17 Litres) Lid Holder, Baking Tray, Steamer Tray, Skewers, Low and High Racks by Andrew James
4.6 out of 5 stars   (1,464)