amazon pre order delivery problems...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 44 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 9 Nov 2011 17:45:07 GMT
nightcrawler says:
having read a lot of bad reviews lately i thought i would start a discussion about all these delivery problems that quite a few customers are experiencing, mw3, batman arkham city, battlefield 3,
are all known to have been hit by a poor delivery service, meny customers pre ordered and paid for 1st class delivery months ago,
but amazon failed to get the games out on time and still meny customers are waiting for their games to arrive.
so my question is why do amazon keep making this mistake time after time, and have you lost faith in amazon's pre order system.

Posted on 9 Nov 2011 17:47:22 GMT
Last edited by the author on 9 Nov 2011 17:50:17 GMT
I don't preorder very often but have been waiting for this game for 6 years so thats what drove me to this time. My skyrim copy (pc) has not dispatched yet and I'm not so sure that the game will actually arrive here on the 11th. After all, what is the point of preordering if your not going to receive it the day it comes out? I do think however if amazon keep making these mistakes (as you claim) then why would you preorder products with them? shop with your feet.

Posted on 9 Nov 2011 17:50:03 GMT
WildWolf says:
cancelled my amazon order, signed up with shopto.net ordered 10 mins ago dispatched and they showed me a picture of the parcel
(TnT next day delivery!!!!!!)

Posted on 9 Nov 2011 17:53:07 GMT
J. Slade says:
My geuss is that all these delays are due to such big games being released in a relatively short period of time. These big releases surely take a toll on the people working in the delivery service for amazon: Modern Warfare 3 was only yesterday and as soon as that hectic phase of shipping out copies had ended, another began with Skyrim. To answer your final question, no, i have not, as i can try to understand why these games have been delayed... none the less, i WILL be massively annoyed if i do not get my game on the release date - like many others.

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Nov 2011 18:06:44 GMT
nightcrawler says:
i agree, however this is the first time i've pre ordered a game from amazon, i've read alot of bad reviews on here about delivery of mw3 yesterday, also quite a few of my work mates never got battlefield 3 on release day.

Posted on 9 Nov 2011 18:31:00 GMT
I Pre-Ordered Battlefield 3 and MW3 and got both day before release

Posted on 9 Nov 2011 19:46:00 GMT
S. Nokes says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Nov 2011 20:18:01 GMT
nightcrawler says:
postman gets on with me preety well actually. i've been using amazon for years aswell and never had to meny problems, the point of this disscussion is that meny customers don't have their pre ordered games.
i suggest you have a read of, customer reviews of mw3 and battlefield 3. and also other disscussions.

Posted on 9 Nov 2011 20:37:36 GMT
cornwall98 says:
My copy of Skyrim was dispatched 30 minutes ago, so should be here by the 11th. Everyones might follow suit tonight/tomorrow

Posted on 9 Nov 2011 20:44:29 GMT
mines still not dispatched, still 1th nobvember delivary date

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Nov 2011 20:50:37 GMT
nightcrawler says:
my copy has been dispatched 10 minutes ago. i paid for first class delivery and it was sent via a non trackable method and is estimated to be delivered on the 12th. i'm not happy amazon i pre ordered skyrim 6 months ago and this is the thanks i get.

Posted on 9 Nov 2011 22:23:09 GMT
cornwall98 says:
ste201199: even dispatched tomorrow via first class would mean it's more than likely to arrive on release day so don't worry yet

FYI I pre-ordered December 2010 (keen, I know)

Posted on 11 Nov 2011 13:44:00 GMT
Blame Amazon not the postman

Posted on 11 Nov 2011 13:51:28 GMT
Callum says:
bought mine from game at 10pm wednesday night and the postman delivered it this morning, so its amazon not the postman

Posted on 11 Nov 2011 14:29:43 GMT
It's very rare that I pre order a game because I usually like to wait until the price drops a bit. However when I saw the Skyrim announcement trailer I knew this would be a pre order for me. Still waiting hopefully (but alas, probably in vain) for the postman but I'm losing hope by the minute.

I will never pre order from Amazon again, what a waste of a day....

Posted on 11 Nov 2011 14:39:21 GMT
RG says:
I also pre-ordered this game ages ago and paid for delivery on release date.
It's not the postman as I have had another delivery of mail this morning.
I personally think their 'dispatched' emails are a lie, if they had dispatched it yesterday as the email said it would be here by now.
There's no way on earth I'll ever pre-order from here again, and I know I'm not the only one - well done Amazon.

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Nov 2011 14:49:17 GMT
nightcrawler says:
I agree. I'm still waiting for delivery, I can't believe the post is this late, I'm thinking of going to my local gamestation this evening to buy. sorry amazon but I may also cancel my mass effect 3 pre order today aswell.

Posted on 11 Nov 2011 15:19:44 GMT
Manatassi says:
My preorder of Skyrim hasn't arrived. I won't be preordering from Amazon ever again. I have been looking forward to playing Skyrim for months and I get to sit here on my backside watching everyone else talk about how great it is. That's not an acceptable experience for your customers Amazon when I preorder a game I expect it on the day of release otherwise I would have just bought it from a store. Not taking the risk next time and I doubt many of the other customers who have had the same problem will be doing so either.

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Nov 2011 15:38:32 GMT
Paul Feeney says:
Exactly! I've been sat on my arse, staring out the window waiting for the postman since 8 a.m. when I should be playing the copy of Skyrim I ordered over two months ago. Day has been completely ruined now, I'll have to spend the evening with the 'sigh' wife. I will never pre-order from Amazon again.

Posted on 11 Nov 2011 15:52:30 GMT
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Xbox 360) Preordered my skyrim in August and have been waiting what seems like an age for the release date, Its 3.50pm Fri and it still has'nt arrived, I saw game in Tesco while shopping and am very tempted to buy it and lose my premium map so I can play this fantastic game now, not saturday or monday. I am very very dissappointed with Amazon as I paid first class, I wont be preordering again from them.
I am will buy it later if its not here by 6.00pm, and return my pre-order, Im so upset I could cry Wahhhhhhhhhhhh

Posted on 11 Nov 2011 16:11:46 GMT
Luckily i cancelled it wednesday and ordered on shopto, i am now installing

Posted on 11 Nov 2011 16:17:55 GMT
Last edited by the author on 11 Nov 2011 16:18:51 GMT
Mr. Palmer says:
It's odd, it used to be that they worked fine. Now I just seem to have bad luck, Fable 3 Collectors by courier...my friend got his on the day...mine was 3 days later, Pokemon black - first class...didn't arrive on the day before I went away. And now Skyrim, yet some of my friends have had no problems ever...My friend had a first class Skyrim order (Just pc) instead, and was dispatched an hour before mine yesterday. I'm never preordering from Amazon again. He's playing his now ):

Posted on 11 Nov 2011 16:28:21 GMT
Jon says:
I still haven't got the game! I mean come on! I ordered it with FIRST class delivered on release date! And guess what? No game...? Amazon, what the hell are you doing. That's my day wasted waiting for Skyrim. It's unlikely that its going to come after 4:30! I will never be pre-ordering a game from you again. I may as well get the free delivery. It's just the same in this situation. I am very mad at Amazon. This is just their way of conning you out of more money. I wont be able to play it Monday as I am busy. Seriously unsatisfied! Thanks for nothing...

Posted on 11 Nov 2011 17:04:35 GMT
Pete says:
5 o'clock and no Skyrim though pre-ordered and first class post paid for. Thanks Amazon. Never again. Very, very poor.

Posted on 11 Nov 2011 17:23:37 GMT
16 hours after arriving in a HDNL depot less than 30 miles from my house I have no copy of Skyrim. HDNL cannot say when I will receive my package as they have no ability to track delivery trucks. This is the 3rd time I have waited in all day for a delivery that didn't arrive. Amazon have lost another customer.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  38
Total posts:  44
Initial post:  9 Nov 2011
Latest post:  12 Feb 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Xbox 360)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Xbox 360) by Bethesda (Xbox 360)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (657)