Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > L.A. Noire (Xbox 360) forum

amazon messed up pr orders

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 20 May 2011 09:21:12 BDT
my god how bad just recived email from amazon saying they had "stock issues" and my copy of la noir wont be delivered until 24th anyone else have this issue and what has been done anyone got any compo ect help us all out and maybe teach amazon a lesson at same timeL.A. Noire (Xbox 360)

Posted on 20 May 2011 09:44:24 BDT
When did you preorder? I preordered mine on Monday and it got dispatched Thursday morning first class

Posted on 20 May 2011 09:51:06 BDT
Last edited by the author on 20 May 2011 10:00:09 BDT
Hools says:
Preordered mine on Wednesday and it's already arrived. Unfortunately I'm working today, so the game is sitting in front of me... teasing me.... roll on 5pm!

*Edit so that it's not the smuggest post ever - sorry! Will try be helpful now :-) *
No signs of stock issues on the website, as currently says for me if I order it in the next 9 hours it'll get delivered tomorrow.... maybe this is because I'm Prime?

Nothing on other preorders talks about any terms and conditions for actually delivering on the day though - have you tried calling them directly and asking? Did you select the correct option for delivery on release day ("Want to receive this the day it comes out? Select FREE First Class at checkout.")?

And if can't get it sooner, why not cancel and buy it from Tesco? Apparently they're selling it for £25 today if you buy any other chart "game", of which 2100 points (and LIVE subscription) is in the chart. So for £35 you can get the game plus 2100 MS points, which is £2 cheaper than what amazon are now selling it for.

Posted on 20 May 2011 23:28:43 BDT
i orderd mine on wednesday and i wont get it till the 24th either

Posted on 21 May 2011 01:19:30 BDT
M. Kennedy says:
i ordered mine on the 19th (2 days ago) and its already been sent

Posted on 21 May 2011 10:37:07 BDT
way to piss some people off

Posted on 22 May 2011 00:25:51 BDT
just went and bought it from tesco cheers hools i got an email from amazon some genric bull about stock issues i preordered it on the 8th still hasnt arrived

Posted on 23 May 2011 01:53:22 BDT
Neill says:
Amazon eu sarl are great at cocking up - thus I but from marketplace vendors.

Posted on 24 May 2011 15:10:37 BDT
I pre-ordered mine and it was supposed to come today and it hasn't. Wrote to them and they said if it's not here by June 1st to get in touch again. Outraged, why did I bother pre-ordering for it to be late? I have sat around all day waiting for it, for nothing to turn up. I have had stuff that I didn't pre-order come faster. I wish I'd bought it some place else now, and I'm seriously thinking about whether I order from here in the future.

Posted on 27 May 2011 13:21:35 BDT
J. Townsley says:
Ordered my copy on 19th. Amazon told me they had despatched it on 19th to arrive on 20th - it didn't arrive. Tried to track it but carrier said they hadn't picked package up yet Amazon said they had picked it up. Was told my Amazon to wait until 26th to see if it turns up. Got email from Amazon on 26th to say it had been returned to them undeliverable on 24th May. So I still haven't got it - not happy!!

Posted on 27 May 2011 15:22:59 BDT
I complained on the 24th about the service provided and got a new copy sent out that came the morning of the 25th.

Posted on 27 May 2011 19:35:19 BDT
W. Atkinson says:
Amazon seems to be better for some than others.
I ordered mine at 6.30pm on the Thursday before release and got it Friday morning at 9am.
But i'm Prime so perhaps they treat us higher. Though in fairness to everyone else they shouldn't.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  10
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  20 May 2011
Latest post:  27 May 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
L.A. Noire (Xbox 360)
L.A. Noire (Xbox 360) by Take 2 Interactive (Xbox 360)
4.0 out of 5 stars (321)