Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

amazon.com sold out of wii u!!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 16 Sep 2012 11:46:20 BDT
amazon .com in usa sold out of wii u. just wonder how long this will be up for preorder in uk.

Posted on 16 Sep 2012 12:13:13 BDT
Savvy Shoper says:
Sorry it's not sold out , they weren't stocking it to begin with, go read some pages it tells you about it .

something going on with Nintendo and amazon.com they also stopped stocking the 3ds themeself, you can buy it from other sellers though but not amazon directly.

Posted on 16 Sep 2012 12:51:56 BDT
Tai-Yong says:
It's already 'sold out' in most places in NA wouldn't be surprised if its the same in the U.K, its the Wii all over again :D

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Sep 2012 12:52:20 BDT
been searching online and gamestop.com have stopped taking preorders of the premium console in usa. they are sold out!! link is here http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u

Posted on 16 Sep 2012 21:56:09 BDT
A. Day says:
gamestop in the USA are sold out yes, this is only temporarily, retailers put in orders for a set number of consoles on what they think the demand will be, this will be raised though in the coming weeks.

Posted on 18 Sep 2012 23:25:23 BDT
Phil Wing says:
Amazon USA dont stock Nintendo hardware... BUT yes like people have said the US have pretty much 'sold out'... not that the stores were ever told how many units to expect...

Posted on 8 Oct 2012 17:03:26 BDT
Trust me! This should be fun. Amazon will take as many pre orders as Nintendo say they can offer then it all goes tits up when Nintendo come across some shortage.Happens every time. People will be then put in a queue and as the units trickle they will be dispatched. Happens every year .

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Oct 2012 11:26:17 BDT
Takucys says:
With the exception of the 3DS. Which I found quite surprising, considering the DS was pretty well received overall whereas the Wii has a lot of haters with regards to it being a "kiddy console".

Fortunately for me I already had my pre-order down before the haters were proven wrong.

Posted on 21 Oct 2012 15:14:06 BDT
Amazon.com is NOT sold out of the Wii U. They are not selling it period. Amazon and Nintendo are having a little dispute about the amount of 3DS's returned to Amazon due to the screen scratching issue. Amazon.com did not stock the 3DS XL, they do not sell the 3DS and as such they are not selling the Wii U either. This is why gamestop etc sold out. Amazon is by far the biggest retailer so when people could not order through Amazon they ordered at gamestop instead and swamped them. Nintendo intend to flood the market with consoles this time, so there will be plenty knocking around for launch, this is not the same situation as the Wii where they produced less units. They are not making that mistake again which is why there are so many SKU's. The Wii only had one SKU at launch, Wii U has 3. So don't worry, if you can't get the premium edition you are almost 80% guaranteed to get the regular version.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  16 Sep 2012
Latest post:  21 Oct 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about