additional languages & subtitles?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 6 Apr 2010 13:06:29 BDT
Manuel says:
additional languages & subtitles?

Posted on 28 Apr 2010 23:18:19 BDT
David Trew says:
Its being released by Playback who - to put it kindly - usually only sell cheap bare-bones versions of DVDs without any subtitles whatsoever. SO I wouldn't hold out too much hope for subs on this, if I were you.

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Jul 2010 17:26:04 BDT
grinzekater says:
Alright, but as Amazon does not mention ANY subtitles, are there even english subtitles?

Posted on 5 Aug 2010 22:34:31 BDT
Last edited by the author on 5 Aug 2010 22:36:06 BDT
None at all according to the listing on play.com (which is most likely accurate, considering this is a Playback release - as the gentleman above says, they invariably sell totally vanilla DVDs).
It wouldn't kill them to put at least english subs on things - what about deaf people? I just like subs, but deaf people need them.
I'm going to get the R1 version instead, that has subtitles in english and french. Obviously you need a multi-region DVD player though, don't order it if you haven't got one!

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Aug 2010 22:48:40 BDT
grinzekater says:
Thx a lot for the info, indeed at least english subtitles are a must IMO. Will go for the R1 version as well.

Posted on 31 Aug 2010 02:38:07 BDT
Joseph A. says:
I can confirm that I have seen the cover for this DVD in Best Buy and it explicitly states 'no subtitles' on back.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Dec 2011 21:26:08 GMT
I know this much too late to be of use but I thought I'd mention it, the german and french sites have this on region 2 with subtitles (german and english, french and english). Same goes for other series released for playback (Eureka, for one). All DVDs are region 2, just like the UK ones but there's a tiime lag of some months. All that subtitling...
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  6 Apr 2010
Latest post:  28 Dec 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Warehouse 13: Season One [DVD] [2009] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Warehouse 13: Season One [DVD] [2009] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC] by Eddie McClintock (DVD - 2010)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (98)