Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Listen with Prime Learn more Shop Men's Shop Women's
Can I add other lenses to this camera?
asked by N. Hodgson on 28 May 2014
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
No this is a fixed lens camera, the lens is however threaded, so can easily accept 68mm filters etc.
Dalesman Amazon Customer answered on 28 May 2014
Comments (2) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The zoom lens is fixed and not removable. If you can find (e.g. tele, macro, wideangle) lenses with a 62mm filter thread, they can be screwed on. AF may or may not work correctly.
Amazon Customer answered on 28 May 2014
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Fuji/aftermarket retailers sell protective/UV filters for this camera (I have a 62mm UV filter fitted, primarily to protect the lens. Other retailers sell lens adaptors which screw on to the end of the lens which they claim gives you various options such as fisheye, increased macro and others. www.digitaltoyshop.co.uk list some of these products. I have not used any of them so cannot say whether they are any good or not. They all attach to the end of the Fuji's lens utilising the filter screw thread.
Yogi Alba answered on 28 May 2014
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The Fuji X-S1 is a fixed lens camera and is a high quality bridge camera. It lens has a 26X optical zoom which doubles to a 52X digital zoom.It is a very capable micro camera with a close up capability of just 1cm. To sum it up it performs from micro,wide angle to massive zoom! A DSLR would require 3 or 4 expensive lens and still not get the full zoom this camera can achieve.However, both the micro and zoom can be enhanced with Raynox attachments Amazon sell them.Check out the Ranox DCR-2025pro 2.2 multiplier and the Ranox 250 micro attachments.
Amazon Customer answered on 28 May 2014
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
HI MR HODGSON, Sorry but i don't really know i only add on a flower lens cover to improve picture quality from excess light i believe this camera is subject to lens droop ,so adding more lens is something that i have not bothered about as i am more than pleased with it as it is zooms really good and pictures are also great as it is i am glad that i bought this camera i suits me fine i am not that advanced to get one that you have to add other lens plus the added expense its just fine as it is but as all revues this is my opinion i like it regards bob,,,,,,,,,,,
Mr. R. Bradshaw answered on 28 May 2014
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
No you can't add other lenses as this is a bridge camera. The camera is very versatile but remember it still is only a compact camera with a small sensor and no match for even a beginner DSLR for detail or quality of photographs, as a holiday camera or hobbyists camera if you do not want to carry the various lens needed you won't go far wrong, there are better bridge cameras out there now but at the price the XS is now for what it is and if you understand it's limitations then it's a good buy.
Picard answered on 28 May 2014
Comments (2) | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product