Customer Discussions > Left 4 Dead (Xbox 360) forum

a question abut 360's

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 13 Nov 2008 16:53:21 GMT
G. Evans says:
at the moment i've got a ps3 (which is online, guitaro66 if you like :)
i am very happy for it, but with my new job (im only 16 so small jobs are really good money) i have a fair amount of money left over.
i love my video games, and have almost every game on ps3 do date, or have traded them in after completing if the online is dead.
i really want an xbox, all my friends have a 360 and not a ps3, and with some awesome titles such as gears 2 and fable 2, i really wanna get in on the action.
however, im pretty annoyed about microsofts love to make you pay around 100 pounds more just to get online.

so, my question really is - is it worth getting XBOX Live if i have pS3 online at the moment?

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Nov 2008 02:54:52 GMT
Last edited by the author on 15 Nov 2008 02:57:29 GMT
M. Schiefner says:
100 pounds for getting online ??? getting online is free
u have to pay for the full service. like Play online . see here

Xbox LIVE Gold 12-Month Membership Card (Xbox One/360)

i own both consoles

but i always playing online on the 360.
more fun , more stable, and and and........

ask your friends ^^

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Nov 2008 12:37:34 GMT
P says:
Where are you getting this 100 figure from?

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Nov 2008 22:35:43 GMT
JetsG. says:
xbox live is amazing dude-worth every penny, yes it is expensive to kit it out, but its so much fun.

theve just revamped the dashboard aswell- which is gona be good.

-60 quid for wirless bridge, yes expensive but much more neat and stable than the cable
-35 quid for wireless headset, yes again expensive but worth it-neat, easy to use and its sound is as good as a mobile phone.
-40 quid for gold membership wich allows a year of xbox live with acess to the marketplace.

u get lots of extras on 360 online like being able to downoad old game titles like-gta san adreas etc

go 4 it dude!

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Nov 2008 16:18:05 GMT
I sold my PS3 for a 360 last year and i have never regretted it. IMHO the graphics are much better, i love Halo 3 which is another bonus, online is about ten times better than ps3 so easily worth the 40.00 a year. Get 360 with live and you will never look back, I guarantee it!

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Nov 2008 12:31:06 GMT
The cheapest you can get the Xbox Live Gold membership is 27.99 & that gets you 13 months =0).

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Nov 2008 14:09:13 GMT
Tom C says:
xbox is way better than ps3!

1.) You don't need to buy a full years subscription at only 50 (not 100!), you can buy a 3 or a 6.

2.)I had the same problem as you, i was a PlayStation fan, but all my friends only had an xbox so i decided to buy that instead.

3.) You can get games on the xbox that you can't get on the PS3

BUY THE XBOX 360!

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Nov 2008 15:30:27 GMT
Onibaba says:
39.99 WILL SORT YOU FOR A YEARLY XBOX LIVE GOLD ACCOUNT...
And after the update just recently you we now have team chat (regardless of game).. along with the ability if wanted to download a game from disc to hard drive for quiter

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Dec 2008 06:34:05 GMT
Wireless bridges are now available cheap, or you could just get a cable. You get a month free membership when you sign up. You get a console nearly twice the definition for half the price and unbeatable online play support.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Jan 2009 16:38:58 GMT
FoxInLondon says:
I think it comes down on how much you'd value playing with your friends. The PS3 is a fine console as I know, there's one in my house, but it's undeniable the 360 has more games, more people seem to have one and the online service is much more sorted (apart from the fact you have to pay!). You get a headset and ethernet cable in the box, wireless is never a good move for gaming anyway. A year subscription to play online is 40 quid as standard, and you can get them cheaper on some shopping sites.

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Feb 2009 20:05:35 GMT
Its only worth sticking with ps3 if, unlike you've said, all your friends have one. I bought an elite a couple of days ago and the online action is intense. Its brilliant fun and definately worth considering. the online is free as long as you can connect your cable to a broadband connection, if you can't then its a 50 wireless router. I'll admit some things are expensive, but all in all, its really good fun to shoot your mates, beat them in a footy match without having to get up.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Feb 2009 16:18:26 GMT
M. Hibbs says:
Ur gonna be paying 40 a year (ish) for Xbox Live Gold (lets u play online and download content etc, the full service). Which is only 3.33 a month, 83p a week or about 11p a day. Not a lot really for the superior service you are going to be getting. I bought a PS3 when it came out and traded it in after a few months for a 360 Elite as no really great games were coming out, and the ones that were probably appeared on the 360 anyway. The whole Xbox Live package is fantastic and game wise, you have sooooooooooo much more choice with a 360. Either just buy a 360, or trade your PS3 against one (like I did) and trust me, you won't look back once.

Posted on 19 Jun 2009 22:57:56 BDT
not quite 100 but...... Yea, LIVE is awesome well worth the money.

Posted on 20 Jun 2009 15:30:11 BDT
MaxJCT says:
Uh guys, I think you are missing the point.
When he says 100 pounds, he either means having to buy the wireless adapter (because a cable is frankly ridiculous) AND xbox live membership (which equates to about 100) or he means that after a few years he will have spent over 100 on membership.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  14
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  13 Nov 2008
Latest post:  20 Jun 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Left 4 Dead (Xbox 360)
Left 4 Dead (Xbox 360) by Electronic Arts (Xbox 360)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (126)