From the Back Cover
‘The Zurich Tax Handbook should be on the bookshelf of every independent financial adviser, as well as many higher rate tax payers.’ Pensions World
‘I was impressed by the Zurich guide….’ Tina Riches, Technical Director (Cross-Cutting), Chartered Institute of Taxation
The Zurich Tax Handbook 2012-13 is an annual, detailed, authoritative and user-friendly tax guide. It explains key aspects of taxation in a simple and accessible manner, providing worked examples, checklists, definitions and tax-saving hints.
The Zurich Tax Handbook provides detailed coverage of the UK tax system and identifies the way that it may affect you or your clients. It covers:
- Principles of tax planning
- Business tax and finance
- Operating through a company
- Inheritance tax
- Wealth planning
- Anti-avoidance legislation
- Residence, domicile and international matters
The Zurich Tax Handbook includes full information from the March 2012 Budget and November 2011 Autumn Statement including developments in personal allowances, corporation tax, VAT, employment taxes and amendments to anti-avoidance legislation.
Key features of The Zurich Tax Handbook include:
- A digest at the beginning of the book which details the main tax changes with links to more information in the Handbook
- Over 120 easy to identify ‘tax notes’ to help save you money
- Detailed advice on how to reduce tax liabilities for yourself or your clients
- A glossary, index and list of abbreviations
- Step-by-step guidance on how to complete your online or paper tax forms
- Free access to relevant and up-to-date changes that may occur before the end of the current tax year at www.pearson-books.com/zurichtaxhandbook
Gerald A. Mowles is the founder of BBL (UK) Services LLP – London. He is a US & UK tax accountant with over two decade's experience in dealing with high net wealth individuals and their tax affairs.
Tony Foreman is an Associate with BBL. He is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Taxation and has specialised in tax planning since 1975.