Platform: Xbox 360Change

on 19 March 2011
I carry my weight around my middle and the tops of my legs so decided to eat a bit more healthy and do a bit of exercise. Within a week,I had dropped a jean size and now after 6 weeks my shape has changed completely. If you love to dance especially to salsa style music this is the game for you. I started on easy(20mins)for the first 2 weeks and then moved to intermediate(45mins)but you can do single sessions if you don't have the time,from as little as 4-5 minutes. It took me a couple of days of playing around with it to find my way around and I am still not sure how to unlock some of the higher features but I'm hoping that as I get better I'll find them. The aim of the game is to copy exactly what the trainer is doing,it looks pretty tricky at first but you soon get the hang of it. Make sure you have time for a shower afterwoods as you do get a bit sweaty.
0Comment77 of 79 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 January 2011
This is a great way to get fit, if you have never done zuma before go for the beginner workout it only lasts 20 minutes but its great fun.
on 28 December 2010
I love this game not as good as going out to zumba but good fun. would and have reccomemeded it to a friend.
on 27 November 2010
I felt that I had to chip in after the last review, it's not that bad at all! Firstly, can't say I've noticed any software bugs. Secondly, it doesn't mark you as being correct if you stop moving, although it will pick you up a little bit if the move that you should be doing passes through where you are standing. I really like it, although nothing could ever replace the Edinburgh Zumbaboys! I have only done the warm ups so far, which are good. It looks like there are plenty of workouts on there, right up to expert level. This will definitely give you a proper workout. The only negative thing that I noticed is the menus etc aren't as slick as some other kinnect games. Also, remember that you need a kinnect unit to play this. There are also tutorials on there to teach you the Zumba basics. This will be great for burning off post Christmas calories plus the entertainment off watching the kids' efforts!
0Comment50 of 58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 March 2011
After enjoying Zumba classes for the past year, I had reservations about what the production would be like and thought the instructor might be a silhouette and difficult to follow. How wrong I was! There are masses of routines to progress through, and I recognised many of my favourite routines that I thought were exclusive to specific instructors. The routines work you really hard and give you constant feedback about your progress not just through the colour of the instructor but at certain body points as well. I haven't joined a zumba 'class' yet with other users, but intend to real soon. This is a great opportunity as classes are quite expensive so I only go once a week. With these routines I can carry on with the class but take part in routines the rest of the week as well, which is perfect.
on 30 November 2011
So sad that this game did not live up to my hopes. I love Zumba, i have the dvds, they're epic. I can't make the classes (and don't really want to) so i thought that this would be a great alternative - inter-active Zumba!..

I was expecting the same fun i have using the dvds only with it being inter-active i expected to be more involved with the game, have more feedback about my performance and be able to build up my rating etc... afraid not.

It feels as though the game barely tags you... you can build up your rating but as it doesn't feel very inter-active you don't feel you've achieved anything so its quite boring and feels kind of like 'whats the point'. The controls are tricky and selecting what you want is awkward. Lacks the fun factor.. Its such a shame :(

We had the Wii before and although the kinnect is a greater concept i don't find the games nearly as fun, tactile or comprehensive.
on 2 December 2010
This game is SO disappointing. My wife & I were both really looking forward to playing this on the Kinect. We love Zumba. Had this been even an average game, we would have loved it, but the truth is that this is a badly designed and barely usable product that gave us nothing but frustration. Unintuitive user interface when navigating the menus is bad enough, but it's when you play the game, and find that it chooses to either totally ignore you, or it tells you how fantastic you are doing, even after you've stormed out of the room in frustration. The random login screen was a constant intrusion, and in most cases you are stuck at this point, because the kinect stops responding to your input.

The developers should be ashamed of themselves, and the Zumba company should actually be quite concerned about attaching its name to this. This damages their brand, and will certainly make me think twice about buying anything like this again. No matter how much you love Zumba, do not buy this product.
22 comments37 of 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 March 2011
I have been to a Zumba class and this product is a great replacement. Same music and moves as the class, great fun.
on 31 March 2011
really good fun and fast, compared to other xbox fitness games this is by far the best as you are not waiting for things to load,
i burn more calories in 20 mins playing Zumba than 60mins on active 2.

Great fun, im not a fantastic dancer, but when its in the comfort of your own home who cares!
0Comment27 of 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 January 2011
My boyfriend gave me this game for Christmas as I love going to Zumba but with cold dark nights I've been finding it difficult to get motivated to leave the sofa. I was super excited about trying it but when I eventually got back home after Christmas and put it on I was so so disappointed.

After trying and giving up on the tutorials after about 3 minutes because of the extremely annoying pulsating effect that surrounds the instructor making it very difficult to actually see what step they were trying to teach you I decided to go straight into a Zumba class. The music, steps and routines are all really similar to class I've been to before so I decided I didn't really need the tutorials anyway, however if you are new to Zumba I would maybe suggest persevering... maybe.

The only other kinect game I had previously played was Dance Central and loved it, everything about that game is awesome! I frequently manage to get 5 stars (mostly gold) on most dances on the hardest setting. I have been dancing since I was 3 and have been going to Zumba classes for months now so why I never seem to be able to turn my on screen zumba instructor green for more than a quick flash is a little disappointing and proves how rubbish the accuracy of the game is (and hopefully not how rubbish mine is!). This makes the game extremely frustrating, especially when it says something like "Exactly Right" when all you've got is red and orange, or "Nice Hips" when you're not even moving your hips!

Another gripe I have is on a couple of occasions I have paused the game to retie my trainers or get some water and instead of remaining at the pause menu it has signed me out, taking me back to the enroll menu, meaning when I sign back in it doesn't remember my progress in the class I was playing and I have to restart all over again!

It also doesn't show you onscreen apart from some obscure screens at the back of the game which I think are there for decorative purposes, rather than anything useful, which means you don't get an idea of how you are doing or to check your posture etc.

I have played this game about 4 times now and on two of those occasions I have turned it off and put on Dance Central or Kinect Sports, both much much more worthy of your money.

One good point in this game is that it works up a sweat, just like going to a real Zumba class it's high impact exercise and as long as you don't decide to leave the game to go to the loo or anything half way through you do get a good work out from it. I will persevere because I love Zumba and it's very convenient to exercise in your own living room,but it will never replace going to a real class or my love of Dance Central.

Would not reccomend to a friend.
0Comment15 of 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse