Platform: Nintendo Wii|Change
Price:£23.95

on 18 November 2012
I have just bought the game and I love it. I have the Wii Zumba 2 and started to get a bit bored with it so was thrilled when this one came out.
The routines feel a bit harder than with the 2nd game but that could be me. There is a great mix of different styles of music. The best improvement however is that it tells you how long the classes are before you start.
You can really feel the calories burning after you finished with our exercise. I am not a very sporty person and generally only do it to loose weight but did 90 minutes today just because I enjoyed it so much :)
on 18 November 2012
Iam a Zumba instructor and this was is the best yet if you can't get to a class or to get your confidence up before joining a class ,even us instructors get great ideas in our classes from the Zumba games. I have just bought this and one for my sister for her birthday and she is also a Zumba instructor .WE LOVE IT!!!!!!!!
on 25 December 2013
It's Christmas day 2013 and I bought this as a present for myself, out of curiosity.
My family watched as I worked up and sweat after breakfast.
This is the best work out I have ever had - even better still, it's FUN!
It is my first ever Zumba anything and I did 1 x full class plus a warm up and I need to go take a shower.
I'm not fat just unfit!
I must admit that I am slowly hooked!
I received 2 bronze medals, 1 silver burnt 191 calories within 25 odd minutes.
Very impressed with this work out!
When I shake a little more weight off I'll start attending external Zumba classes, or I may just invite my friends around to compete.. not sure.

CONS:
The belt doesn't seem to hold the Wii remote as securely as I would have liked it to but it didn't come out of the pocket thingy.
I was shaking my abs off and it stayed put but I just wish it were a little more snug.

You need quite a bit of space to move about.
on 5 May 2014
Great game but once you reach level 9 it crashes at the end of every workout. You get a continual tone and system locks up. This is a common fault and does spoil the enjoyment as you cannot progress any further. I bought this from Amazon and hope to find a fix.

Review update. Manufacturer of game admits the locking up when you reach level 9 is a manufacturing fault and no one will be able to advance from level 9. Unwilling to help or replace with another game. I'm surprised this is still being sold when the manufacturer knows this fault exists.
on 13 November 2012
I have the other two Zumba games and there has been definite improvements in this new one. The music is fantastic and covers a whole range of genres. The dances are equally diverse, from ballet to jive to African dance alongside the more traditional salsa, cumbia and samba. The tutorials are very clear and helpful and definitely worth doing if you're a beginner or want a recap.
You can do single dances and have 40 to choose from. You can also do a class which are 20, 40 or 60 minutes. I tried a medium intensity 60 minute class yesterday and was sweating more than in my usual Zumba class by the end of it.
Although it is Zumba Core, don't be fooled into thinking it's sit-ups to Latin music - the workouts are fast and can be intense and give your whole body a workout.
The graphics are much improved and are as life-like as can be. It's also really nice to see a couple of new instructors alongside the old favourites.
You can monitor your progress, set goals and unlock mini videos which are short but interesting.

I'm a huge Zumba fan but was a little wary of purchasing this as I prefer my classes and DVDs and wasn't totally thrilled with the other 2 Wii Zumba games. However, this week, I've abandoned class to stay in and do this! It's motivating, fun and I really enjoy dancing along (irregardless of what I must look like!)

Definitely recommended :-)
33 comments|54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 July 2013
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! It is lot better than the Original Zumba dvd version in my opinion. I dont have the 1st and 2nd of the wii version. It did not appeal to me when they were new on the market. After reading some negative reviews on top of it, I thought forget it, I'm not buying the wii version of Zumba. After a while, I get bored with the songs in the Zumba dvd itself! I need something new to combine with the basic steps of the Original Zumba. Thanks to those who wrote the reviews for the above product, I found what I was looking for, to boost up my Zumba regime!.As any product mostly be, the latest tends to improve and supersedes the previous.Most points have been mentioned by the other buyers so, I am just adding on a bit more here. Each song comes with low, medium or high intensity indication. Which I find very helpful. There are few songs which are actually meant for warming up or cooling down...fab! On days where you want to go easy, just pick up those low or medium songs, likewise, if you are feeling energetic and want to run the house down, the selections are there. What I love most about the Zumba Core is, there is no timing on the screen. It puts me off seeing how many more minutes is left before you complete the task. Lastly, you dance hands free ...remote in the belt's pocket and you are good to go. No holding remote business, no holding stick, nothing! Just dance! (Having said that, I think I'm going to ditch the Zumba dvds after this..lol!) All in all, it was worth the penny.
on 13 February 2014
I was a bit skeptical about buying this with some of the negative reviews but I'm so glad I decide to get it I love it!! Have been on it everyday since I recieved it a week ago, it is just so much fun and a great work out at the same time!!! And don't worry if you are uncoordinated and have two left feet like me....I can't follow it exactly but after a week have now picked up some of the steps and the rest will come with time......but as long as you are trying you will get a great workout and figure out the moves eventually!! The music is great, really diverse and upbeat, bright vibrant colours, lots of different options to choose from. Overall a big thumbs up!!!
on 27 May 2014
I got this to burn off calories at home as I felt that my other fitness DVDs were not burning enough calories. From reading reviews I chose the Zumba Core as it seemed to be the best option and showed how many calories were burned after each song or lesson.

There is a great choice of songs from several different genres. Whilst I don't like every song in the game I find that I get too caught up in the dancing to notice or care. You can choose short class (19-22mins), med class (40-45mins) or long class (55-60mins). Ideally I would like a 30 min class or a quick 10min option for days when I'm really busy. You can however customise your own class to make it as long as you want. I just wish that the custom classes were more interactive when your making them and that the custom menu reflected the other menus in the game.

It's great that you get to unlock bonus content with the more dancing that you do, I just wish that the prizes were slighly more interesting than interviews with the dancers talking about their clothes!

A word of warning, the dances can be quite tiring and fast, you can choose the song according to intensity but to get the full benefit of working out you will need to do some high intensity dances too? Be prepared to sweat a lot and watch out - the more calories you burn the hungrier you become so clear out the biscuits and have some healthy snack options on standby for when the hunger hits, I often find that a medium class (44 mins, 500calorie burn) means that I spend the next day feeling very peckish.

I have noticed that my fitness has improved thanks to the game
on 9 June 2013
I've had Zumba 2, but after a while I was a bit bored of it and it does less on me when I worked out. So I decided to buy this one to top up my Zumba collection. The steps are more complicated than Zumba 2 and sometimes I found it's had to follow, but since I just got it, so give it time with more pracise I think I'll get a hang of it. I'm the type of person who doesn't sweat easily but work out with Zumba Core it really made me sweat which is very nice! All and all, it's very interesting game and good work out. Would definitely recommend it!
on 20 March 2014
I have been going to Zumba classes for over 2 years and was looking for something similar for at home to better suit my schedule. Decided to get Zumba Core, as opposed to the other 2 versions of Zumba available on Wii due to the overwhelming amount of positive feedbacks and I am absolutley on the same page with the reviews! It is very easy to use, a good variety of dance moves with a broad range of intensity to suit the different needs on different days. The moves are incredibly easy to follow and the workout I get from it is as good as I did while in a live class. You can choose to have a short class (20 mins) to medium class (40 minutes) to a full-class (60 minutes), which is just perfect to fit different time availability. At the completion of each new class, you get forms of motivations such as medals, unlocking new videos and techniques/calories updates as you move along - I love it! This is just great because rather than rushing to meet the timing of a class like I used to, I just pop in the disc and I can get as many workouts I want per week at my convenience! Absolute thumbs up!