Format: Kindle EditionChange

on 24 January 2011
Definitely more original than most. The pace of the story was just right and kept me hooked. The style seemed to change part way through the book, becoming more simplistic, more and more like a fairy tale. If it was on purpose, and I hope it was, it made the book all the more enjoyable. You could say it shifted?

Reason for 4 stars? Characters could have done with a bit more development but hey it was only a short book.

A good read that I'd recommend.
on 4 December 2012
I bought this book as the title Z-World suggested that the subject was based around Zombies in some form, as this title suggested such as the excellent World War Z. This however turned out to not be the case with the story having virtually zero zombie content. This however did not put me off too much as the story itself was quite inventive and pretty well written with a good pace that many of B.V Larson' books seem to have,it made a pleasant change from the glut of zombie based novels that seem to have been released recently. Overall a worthwhile purchase especially at the discounted Kindle price that i paid.
on 3 July 2011
This book grabbed me and kept me reading to the end. It was totally unexpected in its plot and characterizations and I loved it! I can only hope that there is a sequel sometime soon. The changes brought about by the 'shifting' were unexpected and riveting in their compelling promise of horror or expansion of the senses with no promise of which way one would 'shift'. A wonderful read that I will enjoy again and again!
on 27 December 2013
A very different book for a change. Based on the premise of what happens if all the fairy tale and folklore tales come back all of a sudden to the real world. It was good in parts, less good in others, but all in all an entertaining read. Very US centric - I had a tangent though of how much better Europe would fare during this, as they have more knowledge of the supernatural.
on 5 September 2015
great read couldn't put it down