This is a solid movie that unites the three main protagonists of the Yugioh universe: Yugi from the original series, Jaden/Judai from GX, and Yusei from 5Ds.
The storyline isn't anything spectacular as it's clearly little more than an excuse to tie the three protagonists together. However, seeing all of the main characters duel alongside each other more than makes up for it. The sound and music are both of a decent quality - and the voicework uses the exact same actors/actresses in both versions.
Clarifications/Confirmations about the Japanese and English versions:
- The Japanese version on this DVD is COMPLETELY UNCHANGED from the source material - bar the addition of subtitles (some of which use the english card names - yet interestingly still call Jaden by his original Japanese name: Judai). This means that the music, sound effects and voices are the same - with absolutely no editing.
- The English version on this DVD features new music, sound effects and voices - with a couple of edits here and there from what I could tell. These edits do not detract from the story in any way as they are only used to aid the voicework).
I believe that the film is decent and that my only complaint is that it feels too short. That said, for £5.99 - you really can't go too wrong.
- I'm not entirely sure about the English version - but fans of the Japanese YuGiOh's may notice the soundtrack appropriately using tracks from each of the TV series.
- The card that comes with the DVD is exactly as advertised in the product image: Malefic Red Eyes Black Dragon (Sin Red Eyes Black Dragon in the Japanese).
- This movie's storyline actually feeds into the final story-arc of YuGiOh 5Ds (the main antagonist - Paradox, as well as his "mission" are referenced there), making it somewhat canon.