Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Listen with Prime Learn more Shop now
Customer Discussions > Red Dead Redemption (Xbox 360) forum

You've been naughty!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 2 Jun 2010 20:48:12 BDT
Anyone looking forward to the release of naughty bear?

Posted on 8 Jun 2010 00:51:39 BDT
Crom says:
No, just you.

On a more serious note I'm looking forward to hearing about other people's experiences playing it and actually reading a proper review from a reputable site because at the moment I'm still not overly sure what the game is going to focus on... I do get that you'll be killing other bears in gruesome ways, but I wonder what you'll be doing inbetween that, and how they'll be making it work. I can see it becoming part of my collection at some point (which to be honest is still rather light) but I'll be waiting til I know more about it and it's dropped significantly in price!

Seeing as you've posted this in Red Dead Redemption forum for some reason, I might as well add my two cents on that as well (or rather, two pence). At first I wasn't at all bothered about it, being pretty sure it'd just be some rubbish spin off of GTA, from which Rockstar are simply looking to rake in extra mula. From reviews however this doesn't seem to be the case at all, and it sounds as though it lives up to its modern staged sister. Still, I haven't finished GTA IV yet and I'm intending to get Godfather II to take its place once I have, so I'll probably be waiting for this to drop in price before I buy too!

The fact I've started hoarding games again means any new releases are strictly off the menu anyway. I've got three games I'm nowhere near completing in GTA IV, Gears of War II and Call of Duty 4, while I've decided to return to Resident Evil 2 on the Playstation, and yet I've got both Mirror's Edge and Resident Evil Archives (Wii) that I'm yet to begin! And that's leaving out Fifa 10, Forza 3, Mariokarts (Wii) and Little King's Story (Wii) which I've yet to make proper progress in... In comparison with most people this probably isn't too bad but they sure do stack up fast! I've got about 30 PS2 titles, and I've probably only completed around 10 of them at the very most... Really trying not to let this happen with my Xbox 360!

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Jun 2010 02:03:13 BDT
Koncorde says:
Mirrors Edge was a pleasant diversion for me. I was really sceptical about it because of how it hadn't been given 5/5 or 9/10 or 90% on every other website, but I got it cheaply from the pre-owned section and have to say that it kept me thoroughly entertained. It was really the first 3 dimensional "platformer" to take advantage of it to an extent that I felt it was worth the effort getting used to the controls.

Combining the free-flow movement of that game with the free-flow combat of the Arkham Aslym game would be fantastic, as really the combat was the biggest let down of an otherwise enjoyable game.

Posted on 11 Jun 2010 20:56:51 BDT
Crom says:
The demo of Mirror's Edge did it for me. Just something so relaxing about leaping between buildings and pacing through the world! Really looking forward to playing it, but think it'll be saved until I've completed some of the games I'm currently working through because I know I definitely will focus on it eventually no matter how long I leave it. I've heard about the poor combat and think I got a little taste of it in the demo, but it's apparently not too bad if you really put effort into it? I'm yet to try Arkham Asylum and wouldn't really be interested in it after the really poor Batman films of late, but I have taken note that it's one of the very few games on Amazon to have a 5 star rating from many many reviewers. With an already huge list of games I want to add to my collection I probably wouldn't be getting it until it's in a bargain bin though.

Seems as though Red Dead Redemption will be coming sooner rather than later now after my girlfriend understood it to be Grand Theft Auto with horses... a definite buy now as soon as it drops in price... Still gotta figure out if Fable II's had its biggest bugs fixed in the game of the year release too. So many games I want it's crazy, made a list of over thirty I'd love to get!

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Jun 2010 03:05:15 BDT
Koncorde says:
Mirrors Edge combat is okay, a lot of the sequences are a matter of luck later in the game however (and require stringing together sequences of free flowing moves to improve your survival chances). Earlier sequences are pretty easy and fun.

Arkham Asylum is brilliant. Genuinely the most enjoyable gaming experience I have had in years from start to finish. Possibly a bit easy, but it means that it's very achievable and so very very rewarding.

As for Red Dead - it's excellent. Really very enjoyable. Some annoyances with the control system - but the story is great, and it's an adventure from beginning toend.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  2 Jun 2010
Latest post:  22 Jun 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about