- Paperback: 384 pages
- Publisher: John Wiley & Sons; 1 edition (6 Dec. 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1118729218
- ISBN-13: 978-1118729212
- Product Dimensions: 18.8 x 2 x 23.1 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (27 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 385,270 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Teach Yourself Visually Photoshop Elements 12 (Teach Yourself VISUALLY (Tech)) Paperback – 6 Dec 2013
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Are you a visual learner? Do you prefer instructions that show you how to do something and skip the long–winded explanations? If so, then this book is for you. Open it up and you′ll find clear, step–by–step screen shots that show you how to tackle more than 160 Photoshop Elements tasks. Each task–based spread covers a single technique, sure to help you get up and running on Photoshop Elements 12 in no time.
You′ll learn to:
- Use both the Organizer and Editor
- Import photos from various sources
- Enhance lighting and color
- Restore old photos and add effects
- Save, back up, and share photos
Designed for visual learners
- Two–page lessons break big topics into bite–sized modules
- Succinct explanations walk you through step by step
- Full–color screen shots demonstrate each task
- Helpful sidebars offer practical tips and tricks
About the Author
Mike Wooldridge (San Francisco, CA) has worked as a Web developer, technology writer, and educator since 1995. He is the author or co–author of more than a dozen books in the VISUAL series; most recently Teach Yourself VISUALLY Photoshop CC.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
This book is perfect for the task. The full colour pictures and written instructions match perfectly. For instance, it may say
"2. Click the zoom tool" There is both a tiny picture of the zoom tool and a number "2" pointing at where it is. So it's very clear to follow and you can progress as you wish.
Good chapter headings and index so if you specifically want to achieve one effect you can go straight there.
I'm already confident with PS12 and eager to learn more, all down to this book even though PS12 is more intuitive than I thought it would be.
One minor comment- in line with some of the other reviewers I would agree it can be pretty basic. For instance, anyone contemplating buying PS must surely be able to import their photos onto the computer. But there are 360 pages of such good quality, I'm not complaining.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I found this to be so much easier to use than a previous versionPublished 16 months ago by M. Bishop
Well written and easy to follow with examples good companion for users of latest version of PhotoshopPublished 18 months ago by Andy B
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Photography
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Photography > Digital Photography Software
- Books > Computing & Internet > New to Computing
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Graphics & Multimedia
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > Image Manipulation & Creation