on 2 February 2010
This book is the best book in the whole world. If you're into funny, scary and really griping books and you're about the age of ten or over this book is for you. I read this book in 2 days but it's quite thick. I was lost in the book and I had to read one more paragraph each time Mum called me for tea.
By Bethany (age 10)
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 4 November 2008
This is a fun book with an interesting narrative. Cass and Max-Ernest are young adults who have recently been involved with a secret society, the details of which are located in the previous book in the series. Although you do miss out on some details of the protagonists, you could read this book without having read the previous installment, THE NAME OF THIS BOOK IS SECRET.

When you read IF YOU'RE READING THIS, IT'S TOO LATE, it is as though you are being told a story by the campfire.

The characters are well-developed, easy to relate to, and have a good sense of humor. Because of the short chapters and common footnotes, I see this as a great book for a reluctant reader. It is easy to pick up where you left off and it takes you down many paths at once, keeping you interested. The footnotes typically add a humorous aspect to an interesting mystery, allowing the reader to venture in a new direction before continuing on with the story.

Overall, I really enjoyed this book. It had a strong storyline with characters that took risks and maintained and created friendships.

Reviewed by: LaLeesha Haynes
on 30 December 2013
I am eleven years and this book is a very good one ,i have read the first book by bye PD and that book I personally found much better and more gripping and more of a cliff hanger and could not stop reading , this book however is gripping and quiet a cliff hanger , but I guess it didn't attract me as a reader that much well at least as much as the other one . But this is a review an it was a good book and I intend to buy the next book. Great by and well ... i will recommend you read the first book before reading this one ! Great value for the money ! Only recommended to those who can keep a Secret and those who enjoy adventurous books , . 5 well deserved stars are for this book as I honestly enjoyed it ! Some people do say do not judge a book by the cover howeve this book if judge t
on 26 April 2009
This is the sequel to Pseudonymous Bosch's first book - The Name Of This Book Is Secret and I bought both of them for my thirteen year old Grandaughter.

I have not read either of them (yet - but intend to!!) and Jade thinks they are both 'wonderful'. It is difficult these days to buy books that can replace the 'classics' by giving children the same pleasure and sense of adventure. Jade told me that these books are much, much better than Harry Potter - being both wierd and funny!!!

High recommdendation from a thirteen year old !!!!
on 10 April 2009
The first book was called The Name of This Book Is Secret and I really enjoyed it, and I couldn't wait until my birthday when I got this sequel.

The first book is all about two people (Dr. Luciano and Ms. Mauvias) who will try anything to live for ever, and they even take one of the story's main character's schoolmates (who they believe holds the secret in his brain) to a hotel called the Midnight Sun where they are doing their research.

This second book, having failed in their quest, they trace the knowledge of the secret to a scientist who, following some instructions, and mixing and matching ingredients, created a man from scratch. They believe if they can work out how he did this, they will have the secret of eternal life. But there is a problem, the scientist had all his work hidden in his grave when he died...

I really enjoyed these books, and I am eagerly awaiting the third installment in 2010.
on 12 February 2012
My son recieved the first of these books for christmas, and we knew after the first chapter that we would be ordering the rest of the series. I can highly recommend them for reading to your children at bedtime as they are enjoyable for both parties. The characters have something for both girls and boys as at the heart of the story is the friendship between Cassandra and Max Ernest, battling Ms Mauvais and Dr L,head of a dastardly society pursuing immortality!
on 5 August 2012
This book really interested me from the start. I read the first book but unfortunately it was not as good as the second. The plot is very odd but supremely excellent. Unlike anything I have ever read before. Mr Bosch is a talentd writer and really shows it through his work. This book had me feeling all sorts of emotions especially fear. I am looking forward to reading his other books. Hopefully they will live up to this book.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 June 2014
Really good wish you could rate it 4 1/2
I would recommend it for 10/11 ish aged people (bear in mind i read high level reading books)
REALLY good though .

NOTE TO AUTHOR : when you give us the quiz you say feedback is when you say your book is bad (actually i think its AMAZING !!!!!!! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

❀=1

πŸ’—= 1/2

β€β€β€β€πŸ’—

4 1/2 out of 5!!!!
on 17 January 2013
I absolutely love this book and series because they are really different in the first one it was about smells and colours but this one is about sound and I think it is even better! Cass and Max-Ernest now members of the terces society are joined my a boy called Yo-Yoji and they are trying to get to the homunculus before the Midnight Sun. It is really gripping and I loved every second of it.
on 25 August 2013
'If you're reading this, it's too late' is a very good sequel to 'the name of this book is secret'

I thoroughly enjoyed it, the ending was really exiting and the you couldn't stop reading the whole way through.

I would recommend this book to 10+. It is a tiny little bit scary at some parts but it's really just an adventure story.
5* quality!