on 2 May 2011
Good book, mostly telling what I'd already known, as its mostly common-sense!!
Its now ready to pass on to the next friend who has a first grandchild! and who may not be so in touch as I was!
on 3 January 2010
Bought as a hint for grandparents who had ideas of their own about how to raise my expected baby. Book is easy to read, amusing whilst not being patronising, and importantly plenty of tips about child-rearing in the 2000s and how to be helpful without interfering too much. Not 5 stars as went unread by the granny - cannot force someone to read it.
on 11 September 2015
It`s a bit old fashioned. I found it interesting. I`m a former nurse from Great Ormond Street children`s Hospital. It takes a lot of experience to look after children. This is a book of how the average family muddles through.
on 4 January 2014
Brought this book for my brother and his wife who are grandparents for the first time!! They liked the sentiment.
on 22 December 2014
Good Fun present for a new Granny, It will give some pleasure with the content, well packaged and as stated.
on 23 January 2015
Bought this for my parents, they read it prior to our daughter being born.
on 28 December 2015
Great gift
on 14 February 2015
Found it rather biased towards the grandmother with only token mentions of grandfather and the impact on him
on 28 November 2015