TOP 50 REVIEWERon 14 August 2010
I was blown away when I bought the CD a year ago, and I am blown away all over again by this DVD. The picture and sound quality are first rate, production is excellent (no annoying intrusive camera work) but of course most important is the musicianship - and it is stunning.

It is hard to believe that Sammy Hagar was born in 1947. All I can say is I hope I have half his energy when I hit 63! Unlike so many of the old greats who continue to perform now, there is not a hint of weakness or decline in the range and sheer power of his voice. His singing is superb, Satriani on guitar is bewitching, but the overriding message here is 4 supreme musicians just having a ball and providing belting entertainment while they are at it.

When I reviewed the CD a year ago, I wrote

"My favourite track so far is the final one, Future in the Past, and I can just imagine that being a tumultuous finale to a live concert."

Well, it is still my favourite track, and I was right - it is the final of their own tracks in the set, and this live version is a joy to behold.

The inevitable encore is supplied by an excellent rendition of Hagar's Bad Motor Scooter followed by My Generation.

There isn't a duff note on the disc.

Fantastic. Buy it.
on 1 October 2010
What an exceptional DVD these guys have produced - absolutely brilliant. Was a Hagar fan from the 70's and was really knocked out when I discovered this gem. Others have rightly commented that the boys are just having a great time on stage and they deliver big-time. As SH says, "This takes us back to when we first started and how rock is supposed to sound" or words to that effect and boy, is he ever right. Well worth shelling out for.
on 15 May 2011
Excellent product!! this concert is very genuine and the production of it is very transparent, letting the "live" feel shine all over it.
on 17 May 2010
I am massive fan of Led Zeppelin and Van Halen, so for me Chickenfoot are the best new rock band to emerage since Audioslave in 2002! As most people will already know Sammy Hagar use to be the lead singer to Van Halen in which he left them in 1996 and he has a very good powerful rock singers voice. For me Michael Anthony is one of the top bass players of all time and he is also an ex Van Halen member. Chad Smith is the drummer from Red Hot Chili Peppers who are another most excellent rock band too. Joe Satriani is one of the best rock guitarist alive today and his style of playing is a mixture of Eddie Van Halen and Steve Vai put together. This Chickenfoot concert really is one of the best rock concerts that I have seen on dvd and all the tracks are great, there are no fillers here.
The tracklist for the dvd goes as follows:

1. Avenida Revolution
10. Turnin' Left
11. Future In The Past
12. Bad Motor Scooter
13. My Genration/Star Spangled Banner

For all you rockers out there you really can't afford to miss out on this fantastic dvd and there is a fun 52min docmentary which includes Sammy Hagar talking to Bob Weir from the Grateful Dead.
on 11 June 2010
ok, im a huge chickenfoot fan, so i was looking forward to this....but it was way better than i imagined! I have one small criticism, the audio is slightly out of sync now and again, but this really makes little difference, and no one else watching seemed to notice. Speaking of audio, it sounds amazing, if you have a dts amp, this is what it was made for! the picture is crystal clear. What a concert...i so wish i had been there, they are a great rock band, they know how to write a damn good tune or two! every song is awesome, no "fillers" this is one of the those albums/dvd's that you enjoy from start to finish. If you are a 'foot fan, this is a must, if you like rock music, buy it, you wont be disappointed.
on 21 May 2014
Well worth five stars from the 'supergroup' that is Chickenfoot, this live dvd captures the vibe and the atmosphere of a live Chickenfoot gig perfectly.For a band that individually have achieved a lot it is obvious they are doing this to have fun, they certainly do that and the audience is swept along with responsive enthusiasm.The majority of the set is from the first album simply titled Chickenfoot although Bad Motor Scooter from Sammy Hagars earlier career before Van Halen is included as is a cover of the Who's My Generation.For fans of feel good,good times rock and if you can go see them live, i saw them at Brixton the last time they toured and it was a really good night.
on 4 August 2010
these guys are the true masters of(cheesy) rock, they look like they are having so much fun up on that stage and as always The Satch is god like with his guitar.this has to be my favourite purchase of the year so far, the picture is perfect and the sound is awesome. If you like rock with a little cheese attached then this is for you. awesome,awesome,awesome is all i have left to say
on 28 June 2010
Found Chickenfoot, just after they brought out the 1st album.
What a line up, great musicians.
The songs, great old school powerful rock as it used to be, with the interesting twist of Satriani on the guitar.
Not just Great vocals, Not Just great guitars..
Just Great Music.

The album was good, this DVD shows the band at their best.
on 7 June 2010
Wow , what a live show ! Four great musicians giving it their all on stage . Their songs can be a tad cheesy at times , especially lyrics wise..but their enthusiasm makes up for it . Pcture quality on this Blu Ray is very good , but the star is the audio . This will blow the neighbours away , but is still clear as crystal..with good balance of high , mids & low end . Docco is also a real giggle .
on 2 July 2010
Wow, after the disappointment of Joe Satriani Live In Paris on DVD, this is a breath of fresh air. Well filmed, great sound and well performed by a band having fun. The songs come across stronger than the album and I loved every minute.