- Audio CD (2 Nov. 2009)
- Number of Discs: 1
- Label: Ace Records
- ASIN: B002OBO47S
- Average Customer Review: 4.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (4 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 45,747 in Music (See Top 100 in Music)
|Price:||£11.99 & FREE Delivery in the UK on orders over £20. Details|
* Everyone at Ace loves Jackie DeShannon, the woman for whom the term singer-songwriter could have been invented. Last year Ace released "Break-A-Way", a collection of her compositions performed by everyone from Brenda Lee, Bobby Vee and P.J. Proby to Irma Thomas, Wynona Carr and the Byrds.
* But no-one could interpret her songs better than Jackie herself, and here on the first of three volumes Ace turn their attention to her own singles, many of which have never been released on CD before.
* Spanning the years 1960-1963, "You Won't Forget Me" comprises the A- and B-sides of her first dozen Liberty 45s, all presented in their glorious original mono mixes. Highlights include Jackie's stunning original versions of `Needles And Pins' and `When You Walk In The Room', both of which were successfully covered by the Searchers, helping spark the folk-rock movement.
* Working with producers and arrangers of the calibre of Snuff Garrett, Clyde Otis, Dick Glasser and Jack Nitzsche, she recorded in a variety of other styles that ranged from folk (`500 Miles') and R&B (`I'll Drown In My Own Tears') to country (`Faded Love') and gospel (`Oh, Sweet Chariot'), but the stand-out songs are those Jackie penned herself, frequently with co-writer Sharon Sheeley.
This product's forum
Search Customer Discussions