Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.99

on 27 December 2012
Firstly, let me declare myself to be a massive fan of Christopher Smith. I've read every book he's published and thoroughly enjoyed them, from the Fifth Avenue series to the very different Bullied series.
This book is different again, and you have to applaud the author for not sticking simply to proven successful themes and storylines. But for me, this one slightly missed the mark. The basic plot has been covered before by other writers both in book and in film and most folk will guess very early in the story what the outcome is going to be. The actual action in the book is relatively limited and the book focuses on lots of very well written atmospheric descriptive passages.
Having given the negatives, can I now say that this is a superbly written book. The descriptive passages paint a wonderful picture and really draw the reader in to what the characters are going through. There are some very imaginative elements within the narrative, and some passages are certainly not for the faint hearted.
But all in all, this is an excellent thriller and one which everyone who enjoys the genre will enjoy and appreciate.
It didn't quite earn the fifth star for me, but I suppose I rated it in the context of Chris Smith's previous books. Had this been my first experience of the author, I might well have given it 5 stars.
on 26 December 2012
I am usually a fairly slow reader, but this book I finished in less than 2 days! It is a true page-turner, keeps you guessing and wanting to read on at the end of each chapter. This book in very much written in the same style as the best of Harlan Coben's thrillers. I won't give anything away about the story itself, except that it will grip you from its first couple of pages till the very end - don't hesitate!
on 5 May 2013
This book is no teddy bears picnic, although as the song says you will get a suprise if you go down to the woods today.What a page turner, I couldn't guess what was going to happen,the bad guys are complete nutters,and anything can happen.I loved it, thought it was a really exciting and unpredictable read,I recommend it.
on 22 January 2013
different from his manhattan books, exciting but prefer his manhattan style. The story was great but what I like are his jazzy manhattan gossipy glamourous books
on 25 January 2013
This is the first book by this author that i have read. I was gripped from the first chapter and couldn't put it down.
A very good read which i finished in one day! I will be reading more by this author for sure
on 9 May 2015
......from the first paragraph this book will grab you.
Well written, it's the story of a hunt in Maine but instead of moose or deer the quarry is human.

This doesn't disappoint from beginning to end.
on 23 February 2013
The book draws you in straight away. There isn't any of the "it took a while to get into" stuff. The suspense is great and it is brilliantly written. A must have for anyone who likes thrillers involving murder.
on 13 May 2013
It kept me going, but it never went deep enough....somehow it was more about the idea than the characters. It still whiled away some hours and it was good in its way.
on 9 November 2013
Another great book by Chris Smith. Highly recommended book and highly recommended author. You should give it a go and check out his other books too.
on 22 January 2013
A great read,entertaining,well written,believable plot though I think I have previously read similar, this would make a good film. I have since purchased other books by the same author, all equally good reads.If you like your reading material to be gripping and are prepared to read past your bedtime try this book.