- Purchase any product from the Music Store sold by Amazon.co.uk and receive £1 to use on any music download in our MP3 Store. UK customers only. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
|1. ANOTHER DAY, ANOTHER HEARTACHE - The 5th Dimension|
|2. CAN I GET TO KNOW YOU BETTER - The Turtles|
|3. TAKE ME FOR WHAT I'M WORTH - The Searchers|
|4. WHERE WERE YOU WHEN I NEEDED YOU - The Grass Roots|
|5. KICK THAT LITTLE FOOT SALLY ANN - Round Robin|
|6. YOU BABY - The Mamas & The Papas|
|7. YOU SAY PRETTY WORDS - Ramona King|
|8. (HERE THEY COME) FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD - Jan & Dean|
|9. LET ME BE - The Turtles|
|10. SUMMER MEANS FUN - Bruce & Terry|
|11. MEET ME TONIGHT LITTLE GIRL - Philip & Stephan|
|12. PLEASE DON'T GO - Yvonne Carroll|
|13. GOES TO SHOW (JUST HOW WRONG YOU CAN BE) - Joey Paige|
|14. THE SH-DOWN DOWN SONG (YOU BETTER LEAVE HIM ALONE) - The Ginger-Snaps Featuring Dandee Dawson|
|15. A MUST TO AVOID - Herman's Hermits|
|16. CAN'T WE GO SOMEWHERE - Terry Black|
|17. I FOUND A GIRL - Jan & Dean|
|18. SECRET AGENT MAN - Mel TormÃ©|
|19. SOMEDAY SOON - Betty Everett|
|20. TELL 'EM I'M SURFIN' - The Fantastic Baggys|
See all 25 tracks on this disc
* In the four years of their partnership, Sloan & Barri wrote dozens of memorable, melodic pop and rock songs, in every flavour on the musical menu. From dance craze to hot rod to girl group to surfing to novelty to R&B to faux-British Invasion to folk rock, Sloan & Barri delivered the goods.
* They also pushed the envelope of what a pop song could be. On his own, inspired by folk musicians such as Pete Seeger, Odetta and Bob Dylan, Sloan sought to pen more introspective, personal songs. In his alter ego of P.F. Sloan, he pursued the rocky road of what he calls "people's music". The controversial `Eve Of Destruction' brought him worldwide attention.
* This schizophrenic mix of vibrant pop-rock and more socially aware, questioning songs mightily confused Sloan's peers and associates. Nonetheless, the Sloan-Barri team continued to write - and produce - dynamite pop material through 1967.
* This first-ever compilation of their hits and rarities shows their breathless versatility as writers and their skill as producers of lasting pop gems.
* The CD comes with a full colour 24 page booklet featuring rare memorabilia, unpublished photographs and a 10,000 word essay based on exclusive interviews with Sloan and Barri.