- Paperback: 272 pages
- Publisher: Integral Yoga Publications; Revised edition (15 Sept. 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1938477073
- ISBN-13: 978-1938477072
- Product Dimensions: 15.2 x 1.9 x 22.9 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (61 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 3,136 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Yoga Sutras of Patanjali: New Edition Paperback – 15 Sep 2012
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
More About the AuthorsDiscover books, learn about writers, and more.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Browse and search another edition of this book.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
I cannot speak to the exact translations as I do not know Sanskrit (the authour does though so I am confident they are accurate), but the analogies and stories used to help illustrate the Sutras were extremely helpful, relatable and encouraging.
For me the Sutras themselves were quite overwhelming when I started to read them, so to compensate I got through the book slowly and at a pace that would allow me to assimilate the information in less of a mind blowing way. Knowing that I would not learn everything on one read through also allows for easier reading. If you have any interest in Yoga then a book on the Sutras should perhaps be on your reading list.
I love this book.
I'm still reading this book now and just can't seem to put it down.
It's packed full of phrases that you can implement in your life.
It's a fantastic read. You can't read this book as a novel, but instead in sectioned chapters as it's written.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This book is simply amazing. It is not a book to read straight through it is far better to read one sutra at a time and ingest it over a day or week. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Mrs J Warren
Uplifting read for yoga deepening of asana & teaching training. With history, motivating sutras, a must have for anyone studying on the yoga journey.Published 1 month ago by Clare Fisher
If you want a ratting you need to show the book I ordered and received. Also with books I would recommend that you wait a while before asking for a rating to give people time to... Read morePublished 2 months ago by S Batley
I have read this book already 5 times and every time i discover new paths and meanings behind the words.Published 2 months ago by nata
I was a bit surprised at the main content of this book after reading such good reviews. To be fair, it contains a good collection of the sutras, but it is the annotation and... Read morePublished 4 months ago by jondi
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Other Historical Subjects > Witchcraft
- Books > Mind, Body & Spirit > Earth Based Religions > Witchcraft & Wicca
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Hinduism > Philosophy
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Hinduism > Sutras
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Other Religions > Eastern Mystical Philosophy