Format: DVD|Change

on 2 October 2010
I finally decided to try yoga and looked for something that I could learn with, and hopefully improve with over time. I decided on this set since it seemed to have everything I needed. Something for those who are less flexible and additional material. It was a good selection.

There is alot of workouts and things to do with this set, and each video has alot on it, so even using just a small part of everything makes this still worthwhile.

One video is for inflexible people, so if you are very new or need help, this is a good one to choose to start with. There is alot of help as you go along, and I really liked the fact they included things like some that had additonal support with chairs.

The second helps to relieve aches and pains, from headaches to lower back pain, and it is helpful.

The last is more general energizing and relaxing poses.

Though the inflexible is the one many beginners may turn to, the others also have material that I could use fairly easily, so definately give them a look also to see which ones you may be able to do off the bat.
11 comment| 87 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 September 2011
Barbara Branagh has a great way of explaining things, calm, nice, nothing too difficult, with different options within the same pose to make it easier or more challenging.
Much of it oriented towards relaxation, with lots of sitting and lying down poses, but I suppose that may be the "beginner" part of it.
Suggested uses of pillows, blankets and blocks make it easy enough for my inflexible husband to join in!
Great that it's divided into sessions of 10, 25, 30 mins, etc... because they you can pick and choose what you feel you have time for that day. Makes it easy for me to do yoga every day, even if it's only for 10 mins.
Find the Inflexible people DVD less useful, the routines are too short to give any real yoga effect. However, there are so many routines to choose from on these 3 DVDs, that there is bound to be something for everyone.
I've stopped going to the class I was going to with the male teacher with his over-complicated moves that he did just to show-off, and am having a brilliant time with these DVDs in my own home.
Only downside, they will not run in my DVD player, but do play on my Laptop.
Wish there was an "intermediate" version of these with the same teacher!
on 11 June 2013
This is a perfect DVD for someone who is not flexible or who didn't do yoga much. A part from the excercises that are suitable for the beginners and good explanations, I love the idea that DVD was filmed on a beautiful beach. As someone who did not like yoga before, I am enjoying it for the first time.
on 25 April 2016
I bought this DVD set to counter the negative effects sedentary office work has ob the body. I am absolutely delighted I bought it. It moves along at a nice slow pace which a beginner needs. Ok some of the movements are beyond me but that's ok, I'll become more flexible the more I do it. I love the way it is divided in to targeted areas for different areas such as upper or lower back. I have been focusing on one area and seeing results before moving onto the next. I get help from my wife who watches the dvd while I practice the movements, she can then tell me where to adjust the movement. While I haven't watched all the dvd, I am genuinely excited about moving inti a new area and the benefits it will bring me.
on 4 March 2012
This really isn't a dvd for beginners. Mainly because as a beginner the two CDs narrated by Barbara Benagh (am/pm yoga & yoga for stress relief)are badly explained. Benagh is extremely lazy in her explanations of the poses and how to hold the muscle groups - something beginners will not be aware of. I think this ultimately means that many new students to yoga will not really get a full understanding of the poses or how to get real benefits from them.

The yoga for inflexible people - narrated by Maggie Rhoades - is actually much better and much more clear in explaining how to do each pose properly and how to hold the body correctly. So maybe buy a dvd by Maggie Rhoades alone!
on 12 February 2016
Very boring. Voice is annoying not relaxing. Worst of all most of it is definitely not for beginners. Very disappointed as wanted to start yoga at home and gain some knowledge before joining a class. Yoga was recommended following cancer treatment but the disc for inflexible people was ridiculously hard and impossible to do the exercises.
on 30 December 2010
I bought this set for my mother and she swears by it ever since. The exercices are set outside so it is not so boring(if you are not into yoga!) and there is a very relaxing feeling to it.))
on 6 November 2010
I bought this DVD set few weeks ago and I find it very good as a supplementary to the class. I still would recommend those beginners to try and go to a class first before attempting any yoga at home. I am currently attending yoga classes and while I think I am doing the poses correctly, my yoga instructor still have to correct some of my poses to avoid hurting myself. It is sometimes difficult to judge when praticing on your own.
on 23 February 2011
For a complete beginner the DVD does seem to explain all aspects in a really straightforward way. Good value for money
on 2 January 2015
instructions are good but you would want to have been to a class as its difficult to know if you are doing it correctly.
i do particularly like the yoga for nighttime of bed time section its very calm