Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£8.99

on 14 July 2014
New/old album from Hermosa Beach punk veterans Pennywise, re-united with original vocalist Jim Lindberg for the first time since 2009. As the title, 'Yesterdays' implies, these 11 songs are updated old material/demos, many written by deceased former bassist Jason Matthew Thirsk. 'Yesterdays' is closest in sound to their earliest material, in particular, 'Wild Card/A Word From The Wise', debut album 'Pennywise' and second album 'Unknown Road'. So, if you're looking for a PW album that sounds like 'All Or Nothing' then you better look elsewhere. It's still Pennywise but it's an early Pennywise that still proudly wear their old-school punk influences on their sleeve. It'll do while we're waiting for the next 'genuine' Pennywise album.
on 29 July 2014
This album is a throwback to the old days of Pennywise, as the songs were written many years ago with their late bass player, Jason Thirsk (r.i.p), but finally recorded for this brand new release. It sounds like the album that should have been released just before 'About Time', which is no bad thing. The songs are old-school Pennywise, stripped down but still punchy, with plenty of hooks. You can really tell they were having fun recording these tracks, which is good to hear in the music.

I will be totally honest and say that I was not sure about the album at first, but it is a real grower and I seem to enjoy it more with every listen! Stand out tracks for me are Restless Time, Noise Pollution, Violence Never Ending, Am Oi! and Thanksgiving…. I liked their previous album ‘All or Nothing’ a lot and I think Zoli did a great job of filling in. However, I have loved Pennywise since the early days, so I love this release too! A band is not made by one person and this album shows that Pennywise is alive and well and making great music still.

If you love Unknown Road and About Time, then this album will take you back to those times. It is not as good as those albums to be truthful, but I just love how much fun this album is, so it gets 5 stars from me.
on 23 February 2015
Pennywise back to their root's, this sounds more like about time and full circle than the late few albums. Awesome
on 16 October 2014
Disappointed with this, starts of great then goes downhill. Expected better from pennywise
on 20 August 2014
It was a gift, I hope the recipient loved it.
on 23 August 2014
good, but not as good as they used to be
on 3 November 2015
quick del will use again
on 14 August 2014