on 19 September 2004
"Pepperland 80,000 leagues beneath the sea it lay.... The book begins.
Probably the most colourful book you'll ever buy in your life I'd say. Every page is layered with it just like the film you remember...
The book zips along at a nice pace. Within a couple of pages Captain Fred is in the submarine and over the streets of Liverpool. We then meet Ringo, quickly meet John, George & Paul. Through the Sea of Monsters and then meet Jeremy.
Through the Sea of Holes and then back to Pepperland to battle against the meanies with songs.
My two kids loved the original film and they both like the book now. Okay so I am a Beatles fan who has instilled it on to his little ones, but what Beatles fan hasn't eh?
Either way it's still a great book, adults and children alike.
on 16 February 2010
As parents, The Beatles' music was a soundtrack of our growing up years and we wanted to pass this onto our son who is now 7. What better way of bridging the generations than through this wonderful book. The video is great but with the book he's also learning and practising his reading and it's more portable. Well written and illustrated, he will pass this to his own kids someday because I believe The Beatles and all they created will be around for many, many generations to come.
on 19 June 2013
I wanted to enjoy this more but found myself disappointed - it retells the story of the film using images from the film but for me this doesn't do the magic and delight of the film justice. If you think your children will enjoy Yellow Submarine, show them the film.
on 23 September 2014
Very very nice book, the printing is perfect, the colours are so bright!
Not only for children.
on 2 August 2009
what a treat close your eyes and enjoy the trip of a lifetime fantastic the music is second to none
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 November 2014
The best animated feature length film ever!