Customer Discussions > Yakuza 3 (PS3) forum

Yakuza 3 Cut Content

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 25 Feb 2010 14:45:14 GMT
Last edited by the author on 26 Feb 2010 15:23:20 GMT
Super Drake says:
Well, since nothing has been posted about this yet and its somewhat major. But the only things they are confirmed cutting hostess (some elements - unclear at the moment but dating still there) and quiz. Unconfirmed are the mahjong, shogi and massage parlor.

http://blogs.sega.com/usa/2010/02/24/whats-up-with-yakuza-3/

http://www.destructoid.com/yakuza-3-hostess-bars-cut-out-of-western-version--164765.phtml

http://kotaku.com/5479525/sega-yakuza-3-cuts-were-necessary-for-western-release-%5Bupdate%5D

reconsidering my pre-order =( ..... unless they do it right and what a load of bull (the excuse). I myself rather wait longer than buy something that is not even the full game and I love me some mahjong T_T. Even though what they cut is a little thing, what bothers me is the excuse as most of what they are cutting can be found in yakuza 2 and/or 1 =p

Sega fails yet again.

Posted on 26 Feb 2010 11:59:57 GMT
Takes the piss, no wonder I couldn't find the hostess bar in the English demo. It was fun in the Japanese demo, although I didn't know what we were saying to each other. Karaoke is great, hectic even on easy though.

Posted on 27 Feb 2010 16:54:57 GMT
M. Boon says:
I'm not a big fan of the hostess stuff but cutting the game has left me uncertain about buying it since now I dont like the idea of paying full price for an incomplete game.

Apparently SEGA claimed that the cut content does not "resonate with wrestern audiences" which is laughable since the hostess stuff was left uncut in previous games and even I have no idea just how the Yakuza structure in these games works so I'm guessing that most of the bloody plot doesn't "resonate with western audiences"

SEGA = FAIL

Posted on 2 Mar 2010 00:29:58 GMT
Mr. S. Bate says:
To be honest, after spending roughly 60 hours on Y1 & Y2, I really will not miss out on Y3 goodness for the sake of the slightly creepy hostess sections - the storylines are too good.

Coupled with the fact there are 8 million other things to do in the game like baseball, golf, arcades, etc. etc. you really won't miss it.

I still have a day off work to play through this, and personally can't wait :)

Posted on 12 Mar 2010 17:10:44 GMT
Last edited by the author on 27 Mar 2010 16:35:58 GMT
Noctis says:
RGG3 has 123 Sidequests, Yakuza3 has 101:

cuts:
Chapter 3
* I Wanna Go to Tokyo pt. 1
* The Brewer's Treasure
* Make the No. 1 Cabaret Club Girl!

Chapter 4
* English Conversation Solicitor step 1
* English Conversation Solicitor step 2
* Love's Cupid
* Love's Cupid Continues
* Love's Cupid Continues Again
* A Trip Before Marriage (jealous lover and his "girlfriend", Yakuza 1+2) "part 1"

Chapter 5
* Manga Artist Debut
* The Runaway Phone Chat Girl
* I Wanna Go to Tokyo pt. 2
* Great Genius Showdown
* Is she talking about me...?
* Ayukawa Rina

Chapter 6
* A Satisfying Yakuza

Chapter 9
* The Mars Fighter Invades Tokyo (comedy team, Yakuza 2)

Chapter 10
* Love's Cupid - The Finale
* I Wanna Go to Tokyo pt. 3
* English Conversation Solicitor step 3
* English Conversation Solicitor step 4

Chapter 12
* The Couple Who Wouldn't Learn "part 2"

Posted on 13 Mar 2010 01:32:27 GMT
[Deleted by Amazon on 13 Mar 2010 16:32:36 GMT]

Posted on 11 May 2010 17:15:32 BDT
I was going to buy this game until I read this discussion. Thanks for posting all this information and saving me from wasting my money :)

Posted on 30 May 2010 01:11:04 BDT
Last edited by the author on 30 May 2010 01:16:33 BDT
H. Duong says:
After doing 11 hours in i spent most night wondering around kamucho looking for some relaxing time, regarding all the reptitives fights i gotten into along the way,too find out sega has cut the host bar, now what am i gonna do with 300k worth of credit? i can not be going to go to these arcade to play the teddy bear machine now am i? or go to drink some tastely whiskey alone? or even go to some karaoke or mahjong center to find out it had not been plugged in for the night, it not right for sega to do something like this, because it not suitable for the westerner, but we don't live in the times of golden axes or sonic where you only had 3 button as a controller, it shocking that i am putting my two cent on this matter!!

its to me is like not having a footballer manager 2011 next year because fabregas has left arsenal in the near future or cause newcastle has been promoted?

I shall be looking to trade in for red dead redemption and go shoot myself some buffalo!! :P

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Oct 2010 02:11:59 BDT
JT says:
what thats stupid they should not cut anything from the game its bad enough they took so long to bring it over here and bad enough its only on ps 3 forcing me to buy that console to play it with out them cutting stuff
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Yakuza 3 (PS3) forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  25 Feb 2010
Latest post:  2 Oct 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Yakuza 3 (PS3)
Yakuza 3 (PS3) by Sega (PlayStation 3)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (38)