Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Listen with Prime Learn more Shop Men's Shop Women's

on 24 November 2012
Fantastic quality for the price. Strong construction with a good secure fastener. Lovely velvet like interior and nice bold colour. Lightweight and easy to use.
on 30 January 2013
The version of this case I bought (via the drop down selection during ordering) is for the KoboGlo and is in blue.

I only took delivery of this today for my KoboGlo (awesome bit of kit!) and didn't think the usual "don't review until you've used it a while" need apply. It's an ereader case!

Ok, the first worry about buying a case for the KoboGlo for me was size. So many vendors out there sell cases made for other sized devices it makes choosing a non-gen item a bit of a gamble. I can confirm this case is a good size for my GoboGlo, although it wasn't made for this model (more on that later). The corner slots at the bottom are tight fitting for the Glo and hold it well. The top two are elasticated and fit reasonably well over it, but they aren't very tight. Having said that, there's no danger of it falling out of the case because of this. The width and height dimensions of the case itself are pretty much spot on, so no complaints there. From what I've read elsewhere, I think this case was probably made with the KoboTouch in mind. I believe the Touch is around 10mm taller than the Glo, which would make sense for this case.

The colour is as displayed in the pics and I really like the shade of blue they've used. The outer is fairly rigid, slightly padded and has a leather grain look to it. There's a magnetic clasp on the front to hold it closed. The front flap can be folded behind the case and fastened there when you're reading, so it doesn't get in the way. I can slip the fingers of my right hand into the gap when it's in that position and it makes for holding it easier, leaving my thumb free to turn pages.

Inside the front cover there's a large, flat pocket (see product pics). My reservation about this is twofold. Firstly, when you close the cover, the corner of the pocket touches the screen. I can't imagine it would take too much pressure to damage the screen and I'm tempted to cut this out of the case altogether. If the KoboGlo is left on when you close the case, the part of the pocket touching the screen will turn pages or open menu items. I found that out by accident. It's not a major problem, but something to be aware of. In case any of you are wondering, this case doesn't put the KoboGlo to sleep when the case is closed. My second reservation is that if you use the pocket to store anything, it will cause the pocket flap to put pressure on the screen. I wouldn't recommend using it.

The other niggle I have with this case relates to the corner slots that hold the KoboGlo in place. The power button for the Glo is on the top right edge of the unit. The elasticated flap covers it. It's not quite as bad as it sounds because the elastic isn't tight enough to stop you using the on/off slider. If this will bother you, the flap can be removed with a craft knife or just left out of the way. The non-elasticated flap on the bottom left does cover the memory card slot though. So, if you need to remove the card you will have to take the KoboGlo out of the case first. Again, this is a niggle for me more than a problem as I rarely need to switch or remove the card, but I thought it worth mentioning. The charging/USB slot at the bottom of the Glo isn't covered at all and you can still connect the USB cable even when the case is closed.

I know I've mentioned a few negative points in this review and that's to make it as balanced as possible. For all the small criticisms, I still like the case and think it's worth the asking price of less than £10. Considering the prices of 'genuine' case from the likes of WHSmith, this one is excellent for the money and I'm very happy in my first day using it.
on 13 January 2013
I bought this for my Kobo Glo and it's exactly what I was looking for. It provides a nice cover for the screen and fits perfectly. Only downside is that you need to take off one of the corner covers to turn it on and off, but that's not really a problem. Excellent product.
on 5 January 2013
This is a great little cover. As most of the other reviews were for Kindles I was slightly concerned but it fits my Kobo Glo fine. The top right elastic strap goes over the on/off switch but it's still easily accesible and fine to use, and all the other features (light switch, charging port) are readily accessible. I wanted to try this kind of retaining arrangement rather than an all-round "frame" as I love the silky feel of the Kobo surround so I liked the idea of leaving it exposed (while reading; when the cover is closed it's perfectly protected, of course)! The faux leather is a lovely purple colour (richer, less fuchsia pink, than the photos indicate, which I'm glad about) but slightly stiff and the retaining corners and straps will take a little bedding in. The press stud on the clasp is a bit fiddly to snap in place but I'll get used to it - overall it looks like it will last and is worth the low price I paid for it.
on 16 October 2012
This case is very nice and is very good quality and I would expect it to cost more than it does. When I have made this purchase I was worried that with the item be so cheap that this would have been rubbish, I am very impressed and would highly recommend this to anybody who wants to protect there kindle with piece of mind and in style. The 4 corner strap might seem flimsy to look at and might put some buyer off but please do not let this as these straps secure the kindle extremely well and I personally like the fact the kindle is displayed more than the cases which cover the 4 edges of the device as they look ugly. The strap has a magnetic buckle and this keeps the case nice and securely closed which is perfect when it's sliding around in my carry bag as it stops the kindle from being damaged.

Overall this has been one of the best buys this year and I will be coming back for more colours as I am thinking of getting these for my friends for Christmas, Shhhh don't tell them!!
on 7 January 2013
Arrived well packaged and earlier than expected. Very good value for the money compared to the prices in W.H.Smith and a good choice of colours too. Thanks Xtra-Funky, I'm more than pleased.
on 10 April 2013
This case is so good! Everyone has been saying how funky and cool it is!Its been so helpful and it protects the kindle so well. You can also prop it up anywhere you like! My only con would be that you can pull it out quite easily because it is quite slack at the top but the kindle doesnt move around atall in the case and is perfectly secure! Definitely my best buy yet and I am so happy with my new cool kindle Paperwhite case!
on 28 December 2014
I have an early e-book (imagin IMEB5) which came from WHSmith which later subsequently became Kobo. Mine is a 7" book and fits the wallet well, with only a little slop.

The wallet is very well made for the price and is well sticthed on the edges. The outer is nicely padded with a grained vinly with the interior being a brushed velour. There is also a useful document wallet inside to keep cards or tickets.

The ebook is kept in place by two fixed straps at the bottom and also two elasticated straps at the top. Easy to get in and out although mine is probably slightly small because it is an early ebook. However it doesn't fall out and because my ebook is very touch sensitive it means that once in the wallet I can hold the device much more comfortbaly without inadvertently advancing a page or logging out.

It has a positive magnetic button clip that is strong enough to keep it closed.

Overall an excellent purchase for the money and was delivered promptly, with great packaging. I don't think that you could find a comparable wallet on the high street without have to spend £25 plus.
on 7 January 2013
I'd looked at more expensive cases, but decided to try this one first. Glad I did, it's prefect, and a real bargain.
on 16 March 2013
I bought this because it looked very pretty and loved the colour. My grandaughter who is 12 thinks it cool !!! The only disappointment is that it is plastic and although it was quite cheap I thought it may be leather or made of a softer material. I am still very happy with it and can never lose it as it stands out !!!!