on 9 March 2012
Very good value and looks much more expensive that it really is. I have fitted the clip-on light onto the back cover - it throws a good even light.
The kindle is held securely.
Very nice - smart looking item. Would definitely recommend.
on 6 March 2012
This is a very neat cover for Kindle 3 and gives more of the feeling of reading a "real" book than some other types of Kindle protection.
It also arrived quickly. The colour is slightly darker than I had imagined but not a problem to me.The light however I shan't use as it slightly scratched The grey rim of the Kindle when I first put it on. I'm sure I will find a use for it elsewhere,(maybe on a proper book!)
22 comments5 of 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 February 2012
Just got my kindle after Xmas and was wary using it without a cover - did'nt want it lying around so had it in it's box. Received the Xtra Funky Cover with light and was delighted with it. Very compact and can leave the light at home when I am bringing the kindle in my bag. Only need the light when I am reading in bed. Would recommend this item to anyone who has a Kindle - Lovely colour - very modern.
11 comment12 of 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon 14 May 2012
A nice mauve leather kindle case. It fits very well and looks more expensive than it is, very smart and professional looking. The kindle fits snugly into the case and is well protected from any knocks and drops. I have found that I'm using my kindle much more since buying the case, as I was afraid that I was going to damage it in some way without a cover.

The light is very bright and slips easily onto the back of the case (it will scratch your kindle if you attach it to the kindle directly). The light is easy to activate, you press the open button and it folds out several times into the reading position. The only issue I had with the light was getting it to switch off. To turn it off there is no button, so you have to mess around to get it to fold up in all the right places until it sits properly and clips back into the main part of the light. I would have liked to press a button and have itself fold up, as it does when you open it.

Overall a lovely item, that is both practical and smart.
on 19 July 2012
I ordered this to keep my kindle safe in my bag. It looks great and it looks a lot more expesive than it actually was. It arrived quicker than expected. I am looking to get my 9 year old daughter a kindle for Christmas and have already put a pink cover from this seller on her amazon wishlist in preparation. Would recommend both item and seller.
on 12 January 2014
I am happy with the cover but I'm afraid the light isn't that good. It's basically a clip on and I found it didn't stay in the correct position. I would recommend buyers just buy the cover & purchase a better quality light elsewhere..
on 14 January 2015
Beautiful case, lovely shade of purple. Its very soft leather so it easily folds so you can still hold your kindle in one hand. I got this because my kindle was getting dusty when I just had it lying around, and this protects my kindle from everything, I even feel safe putting my kindle in my bag now which I didn't feel I could before. It also stops my kindle screen from getting more damage done to it, it already had a mark on it from dropping the charger on it. Now I don't have to worry about it anymore. Also the free light that came with this case is so bright from such a small bulb, I use it as a torch not a reading light, as it is a little too bright for my eyes.
on 15 September 2012
The clip-on Light is O.K. BUT the retaining the lid covering the batteries is NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE!
It seemed I must first connect the lid at the light end of the battery box but then pushing down the
other end breaks the tiny tabs at the other end.

OH PLEASE IF ONLY I had ANOTHER LID I could recommend the whole product!!

The wallet takes a keyboard Kindle and is fine. I'd suggest clearer instructions
for the light (& its switch).

It replaced the Kindle wallet with light where unclear istructions led to a broken light connections

Separate batteries are for the light is preferred to using the Kindle battery.
on 13 January 2013
The cover is nice
But was very disappointed with the light, first it's not attached to the cover, and is a basic clip on style, but it also doesn't work, as won't stay in the right position.
on 19 July 2012
Having had my kindle for a few weeks and not using it because I wanted a protective cover, I finally decided on this Xtra-Funky wallet style cover. I am very pleased with the colour and feel of it. I chose the purple but there are a number of other colours available. There is a handy little folder pocket on the left hand side and the stud closer to the cover is magnetic making it easier to shut securely without pressing and damaging the kindle screen. As an inexpensive item I was more than pleased with it and I got a cool robotic style clip on light to go with it. I am impressed with this cover and would recommend it to others.