on 28 November 2007
I purchased this light to change my baby's nappies in the dark - it turned out to be the best gadget I'd bought in years. The light given off is sufficient to read by (change nappies etc) without lighting the whole room, it weighs almost nothing and clips onto a book without getting in the way, the bendy neck is really flexible and the light can stand without being clipped to anything.

I'm now adding to this review several years on, to say that the light is still going strong, it has had various uses; the nappy days are now behind us, but it went on to be used as a teether (not that I'm recommending it for this purpose!!!)then to light dens, and as a torch on camping trips and finally to read by whilst the children sleep in the same room on holiday. I hope you enjoy yours as much as we've enjoyed ours!
22 comments|75 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 September 2009
This product was purchased for my wife who was extremely happy with it until the on/off switch failed she was not impressed with the failure after such a short time,a more robust switch is required.

The other features are very good,the illumination,the battery life,the finish,the book clip and the weight all ok

It did not however stop us from buying another
on 23 April 2009
Superb book light for those bedtime readers. Not at all clumsy, lightweight and the light is not harsh but bright enough for a good read. The page clip another useful part to hold your page. Overall very good value.
on 23 February 2009
excellent quality product that does exactly what it says on the tin! I have used one of these for reading in bed for several years and this purchase was for a friend. it is extremely bright and clear without interfering with my partner's sleep. economical on batteries and light to clip to a book. would recommend it to anyone.
on 29 April 2010
I was looking for a light to use on the Amazon Kindle and thought this might do the job. As soon as it arrived I tried it out and it was perfect for my needs. The flexible arm is great and the light can be angled so that you do not get any glare on the Kindle screen. I would definately recommend this to anyone wanting a reading light for a Kindle.
on 24 February 2010
Purchased this little book light so I could read in bed at night without disturbing my husband.
The light from it is very bright, so much so that it lights up the room defeating the purpose of not using the bedside lamp.It is a super light for needlework and any close work that might require a bright light but for reading in bed I suggest you do what I did and use the bedside lamp....... poor husband he deserves a medal for putting up with me burning the midnight oil well past midnight!!!!!
on 3 September 2007
If you are ever cought in the dark without access to a proper lighting source than you`ll know how deflating it can feel. If you are going on a camping trip or something similar than this will deffinitley come in handy at some time or another. It`s clip maket it possible to cling on to books [primerily], tables, desks, small tree branches and just about anything. I was very suprised that even with regular use the batteries still lasted for at least a year without any changes. The one and only downside is it`s durability; you can crack the lampshade and hinges quite easily, but they are repairable and all in all it is a great product!
on 13 June 2009
I got this for my wife after her previous bookmark type reading light broke. I was a little worried that this would be too bulky but it's just the ticket and is even sturdy enough to stand on it's own and act as a mini bedside light. Great product and perfect for reading in the middle of the night without waking up the other half.
on 16 March 2009
I purchased this as i needed a book light, the battery pack is quite bulky but doesn't get in the way, the stalk is very long and extremely flexible and the light itself is extremely bright and effective. Although i would have appreciated a more sturdy on/off switch. 5/5
I purchased this light for my wife, who likes to read in bed, as I was fed up with having to go to sleep with the light on and then being woken up when she moved to turn it out. It does exactly what it is designed to do and, although very bright, the spread is short enough not to encroach on my side of the bed. Probllem solved.