on 29 January 2013
I've owned this printer for over a year.

Pros: Prints well. The printer is laser so toner needs to be replaced less often. Has an automatic page feeder. Can be matched with another Xerox paper tray which is useful in a large office setting.

Cons: Overpriced compared to its performance, and requires many costly accessories: extra proprietary memory, network adapter, duplex unit. The printer is slow, it takes a long time to process jobs due to low internal memory out of the box. Adding more memory will cost you about 100 Pounds for 512 Mb since it is proprietary, which is day light robbery. A separate network adapter is required. Even though there is an Ethernet connection, I was unable to get this printer recognized on the network when using this connection. To make the printer print on both sides of the page I needed to purchase an expensive duplex unit. The auto-feeder is only simplex, not duplex. I too was unable to get the unit to work with my Mac and had a similar experience when speaking to the Xerox technician, which I thought was false advertising and very low quality customer service. The ink is VERY expensive. Definitely under par. Each one of the 4 cartridges costs around 100 Pounds! However, off brand cartridges are available for less, but that voids the warranty. Once the belt wares down, it will cost more to replace than to buy a new printer.

Newer inkjet printers will be much cheaper to run, be of equivalent quality in printing, offer more bells and whistles, and be much more compact in size.

I would recommend against buying this printer, and will likely never purchase another Xerox device again.
on 11 September 2012
This product is described as being Mac compatible. As far as the printer aspect is concerned, it printed extremely well. But despite an hour long phonecall to Xerox, there was no way of installing the fax and scanner software onto my computer, an iMac on Snow Leopard. It stumped the technician at Xerox too so there was no option other than sending it back to the seller, at the cost of £50!! Currently negotiating a refund on the machine and the postage. Take instructions such as 'compatible with Mac' with suspicion.
on 7 March 2014
This thing is a beast. For the price I'd be surprised if you can beat it.

It does have a personality, and accessing some of the functions seem arcane, however overall the things that matter speed, print quality reliability trump all of that.

Bought the Duplex module for double sided (seems a lot for what appears to be a single moulding). But works well.

Only thing missing a duplex for the ADF.. however I guess at the price something has to give.

Need one? Buy one. g

btw: concerned re: toner costs, you don't need to look far to find equal quality at a much lower price... think this is cheaper than my old all-in-one inkjet to run.
on 23 March 2013
I read varying views and reports about many colour laser printers before making my purchase - essentially everything you read is contradicted by something written by someone else. I went for the 6505 as I found a very inexpensive source of non OEM cartridges on Amazon. Having unpacked the box, I hard wired it straight into my wireless router and worked first time with both my home and work Windows 7 laptops on the network. Up until today, I have not used it a great deal, but have just completed a 600 page print run and have been very impressed. Given the £270 ish I paid for the machine and its performance to-date, I am very impressed.
on 4 June 2013
I got this for £236, and that was an unbeatable price. This is a very able bit of kit. Produces extremely good prints. Just make sure you buy your toner replacements from somebody like ... doitwiser_co_uk on Ebay. Full set of toners (they work - Ive used them for years) for less than £50 delivered. The only thing different about them compared to original Xerox toners is that you wont need a mortgage to buy them.

Seriously good machine, especially at the price I got it for. Was delivered in 2 days too!
on 7 April 2013
This printer is ideal for the small/medium office although it was difficult to register with Xerox for the warranty has been superb. Only downside is the paper draw holds less than 1 ream. Great printer with impressive results
on 22 December 2015
Arrived before date given and is perfect for the job intended

See one answered question