on 17 July 2012
I was sent the V/N in error and had to upgrade to V/DN myself to get back to the original order specifications.

Heavy - needed 2 people to get it upstairs - and big for a desktop, though I can live with it. Colour, using Xerox paper and toners, is as good as on the 6-ink photo ink-jet it replaced (on my experience so far). Normal text printing is far faster than the inkjet and of very acceptable quality.

If you are printing photos it can take a very long time before each page starts to print. It is very fast thereafter and, of course, dry straight out of the printer.

Adding duplex turned out to be easy, and it is very fast in normal use. I haven't tried duplex photo stuff yet!
on 8 November 2012
This does what it is meant to and does it well. It might not have a lot of fancy extra gadgets (that i dont want), but it prints well and quickly enough for me.
Whilst i have not tried it for photo quality, maps are clear and precise. As long as the toners last as long as they say they do, then at this price its a steel.